Thursday, January 15, 2009

Audree's 6 month stats

It's so hard to believe it has already been 6 months since Audree was born!!! Crazy. Today Audree is exactly half of a year old! She's getting so big! We just love her to death and are very grateful to be blessed to have such a sweet and happy daughter. She is truly a blessing in our lives.

At the doc today they weighed Audree at 17 lbs 10 oz. Just 5 days ago at the doc she weighed 18 lbs. 18 lbs put her in the 88th percentile for weight!! But today she is in the 81st percentile(the weight loss is due to Audree being sick for the past week). We have such a chubby baby which sometimes makes it hard for me to carry her around :) hehe, but I love every bit of her chub.

Audree was 26 inches long today. Somewhat sadly her growth has slowed down but her chub just keeps coming. She is now in the 70th percentile for her height.

Oddly enough Audree's head has gotten a lot bigger. I guess she just needs room for all those brains she is sure to pick up from her daddy. Her head is now 17.2 inches around and she is in the 83rd percentile.

The doctor continues to say that Audree is doing just great. She is growing like she's supposed to in every way. I am grateful to have a very healthy baby.

Now it's time to really start bringing on the solid foods. I started Audree on rice cereal at 4 months and have given her sweet potatoes and green beans. We've attempted carrots and applesauce but she did not like those AT ALL. Now that she's 6 months the doctor wants us to start trying everything, first introducing a lot more vegetables and then introducing fruit. By the time Audree is 9 months he wants her eating three meals a day!!! I can't believe that. It's so crazy. It seems like in the next 3 months things are going to change a lot. Audree will most likely start crawling between 7 and 10 months and walking will soon follow! Crazy. We are going to have to begin baby proofing our house a lot better. I am glad we have a gate though because that makes places like the bathroom off limits to her. I almost feel bad for our dog because when Audree starts crawling I know she'll want to go after the dog. Since our dog is irrationally scared of children it will be interesting to see. I swear though if that dog pees everytime Audree gets near we are not going to keep her...so hopefully she can get used to the mobile Audree. Which is wishful thinking seeing as she refuses to acknowledge that the immobile Audree even exists and steers clear of her at all costs. Oh well, it shall be interesting to see how the next few months will go. And I can't wait for Audree to start growing hair :) I hope it's curly like her mommy's. It will be interesting to see. Maybe she wont even grow hair til she is like 2...I might cry then though ;)

It's been a challenging but wonderful 6 months and the Lord has blessed us immensely. Ever since I was a young women I knew that I wanted to be a mother and have always known it to be my divine calling. What a miracle it has been to experience the growth and birth and life of Audree. I thank the Lord every day for it. I am excited to hopefully, in the not too distant future, expand our little family.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your mothering skills are amazing. Being in young womens right now, I cannot relate to you at all. Children are not exactly what I'm excitedly looking forward to in the future... but I guess Chrissie and Carter are the factors of that ;)

Jill said...

You think carrying 18 lbs is hard, just wait...it gets harder. :) Sounds like Audree is doing well. It's crazy that she is already 6 months old. I still remember when she was about a week old and you guys were walking around outside with her. Having a mobile baby is hard, but it's so much fun. It gets more fun the older they get. Good luck baby proofing. :)

Christine said...

go read miri's blog.

Trevor and Colette Riley said...

You are such a good mom! I still have your christmas present by the way! How is your toe doing? Can I do anything for you?

Jamie said...

Sami! I can't believe she's already 6 months! Congrats :) I remember your little baby bump not too long ago! She's a beautiful little baby girl. You must be SO proud!
You inspire me! I hope I can be as competent & loving as a mother as you are :)