Sunday, June 21, 2009

Why I love you

Mark is not thet greatest dad in the world and he doesn't love his child better then anyone else. To say that would be taking away from all the other great dads in the world and that isn't fair. What I will say though is that I think my husband is amazing. He's definitely not perfect but he is perfect for me. I could not have asked for a better man to be the father of my children. Audree just adores her daddy. The happiest part of her day is when daddy walks through the door. Her face lights up instantly and she reaches for her daddy with all her might. Some people might get jealous in the situation but I love it. I love that my baby loves her dad so much. The connections between father and daughter are so special. I love it when Mark says how cute he thinks Audree is and I love it when he says how much he loves her. It brings so much joy to my heart to hear those words come from his mouth and know that he has such a deep and eternal love for his daughter. Mark is such a tender dad. He never raises his voice or gets angry at Audree. He even gets up in the night when I am too tired and rocks Audree back to sleep if she is having a really tough night. He changes poopy diapers, he picks out matching clothes, he does a lot of the unglamorous stuff and he never complains about it. I feel so lucky to have been blessed with such an amiable, loving and hard working husband.

Of course I would be an ingrate if I did not mention my father. My dad has always been my hero. He works so hard for our family and even though I don't live with my parents anymore I continue to see how hard he works to support my siblings and mother. Whenever I need someone to talk to I always know that my dad is there for me. I always know that he will answer me honestly and truthfully and he will comfort me in every way that he can. My dad is a great man and I love him very much. So Happy Fathers day to the two main fathers in my life. I love you guys!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Mark picks out matching clothes for Audree? Wow, he is pretty amazing. I don't think I've heard of a father picking out matching clothes. :)

Trevor and Colette Riley said...

Yeah I am really sick I'm sorry I haven't called you yet! I have the worst morning sickness it's worse than last time!

sarah savage said...

awww...that was seriously touching. yay for amazing men!