Tuesday, July 26, 2011

3 years and 15 months

Those are the ages of my two girls. Which means we just had a well baby check up for the both of them. This appointment was different for us because 1, Audree didn't need any shots! and 2, we actually had stuff we had to bring up to the doctor...which is something we've never really done before seeing as our girls, thankfully, always seem to be in good health and he usually tells us everything we need to know about the basic stuff. Well Audree has an interesting eye "problem." We don't actually know yet what the problem is, we have to schedule an appointment with the eye doctor, but we think we have finally been able to pin down what the weirdness with her eye is.

We first noticed it probably before she was 1 but it happened so randomly and I could never see what was happening so we never brought it up to the doctor. Then in the past year it seems to happen more frequently so with that and concentrating harder on it when it does happen we think we've been able to pin it down as being this; when Audree looks right, like really hard right, like when she realizes somebody that makes her nervous is to the side of her or behind her and she wants to look at them without turning towards them, that her right eye stays straight-ish while the other eye looks really far over. Some of you may have seen it before and know that it kind of looks funny/weird.

So we brought it up to the doctor and he recommended we take her to an eye doctor. He mentioned that the bridge of both our girls noses are pretty wide and sometimes that can cause vision problems. I've always wondered why the bridges of their noses were so wide and flat. Seems odd because I don't feel like me or Mark were that way as children so I wonder where it comes from...hmmm. So aside from that and some other minor things the girls are looking great and doing great! I am so grateful to have healthy girls, it really is such a blessing.

I'm happy to say that it appears Audree is beginning to grow out of her higher weight. She's still a bigger girl but she has moved from being around the 80% to being in the 63%. I'd like to think that part of that also is that we've started giving her almond milk and we think it's helped with her swollen belly look.

So here are her stats:

Weight: 31 lbs. 63%
Stature: 37.5 in. 63%

They also do the BMI and he said it's good but I really don't know what the numbers mean so we'll just ignore that.

Arya is still our little squirt with a big noggin. Here are her stats:

Weight: 19 lbs. 5%
Length: 29.5 in. 22%
Head: 67%

Not only are Audree and Arya so opposite in personality but they also hit the opposite ends of the spectrum for their physical appearance. When Audree was 15 months she was 25 lbs! That's 6 lbs heavier then Arya is now. I don't remember Audree's exact height but she's always been above the 60% and averaged around the 70%. Genes are one crazy thing but I can tell you one thing for sure, I love both their cute faces and silly personalities! I love their blonde hair and their blue eyes. I love those little things that make them different and those little things that make them similar. And mostly I just love them because they are mine.

No comments: