Tuesday, January 15, 2008

All Better!

Hooray for feeling better. I am transitioning out of the morning sickness phase and I couldn't be happier!! I feel like getting up and doing things. It's great. Mark is definitely happy that the old chipper me is returning. He get's to hear I Love you a lot more now from me, cuz I just feel soooo much better, and of course I am grateful for him being so helpful to me during my sick phase.

It's pretty interesting, now that I am feeling better, all the things I want to get done. I want to clean out the baby room, and I am already picking out cribs and the colors that I want the baby room to be. I even went shopping for maternity clothes for the first time today.

Me and Mark also decided today the names we will call our baby depending on the gender obviously. We are very excited. I would love to tell people the name but my family had a bad experience with my brother Carter. We had his name all picked out when my mom was pregnant with my sister Chrissie, but of course she was a girl so the name was used when Carter came along next. We decided to name him Carter after my fourth or fifth great grandpa William Carter. He was a pioneer that came from England to Nauvoo, then traveled to Utah and became the first person to plow land in St. George. Then we decided Carters middle name would be Ray because that is my dad's middle name. So anyways my mom was telling everybody about that name, then this lady in our ward had her baby a month before my mom and they name him Carter Ray. So, from that point on I learned that when I choose a name for my baby not to tell anyone because someone just might use it right before you get to. Then it is awkward when you are blessing your baby and the names are exactly the same, and I just don't want to experience that.

Other than all the baby stuff, not much new is going on in our lives. I am just happy! Happy to have such a wonderful husband, and happy to have a baby.

2 comments:

Christine said...

yay sami! i'm so excited for you. and that sucks about the name thing...who would honestly do that? like, really. well i sure don't blame you for not revealing your chosen name. :) do you know yet if it's a boy or girl?

Miri said...

i am very glad you're not feeling sick anymore! also i'm glad to know that morning sickness is only supposed to be the beginning of the pregnancy cause i didn't know that.

i am definitely leaning toward wearing a temple dress in the temple. there are lots of considerations but it just seems like a win-win situation.

i'm not sure what the latest situation with my hair is. the shampoo seems to be pretty good- i think my hair might be a little longer already, although i can't really tell. but i don't know how much i like it curly at this length, cause sometimes i think it makes me look kinda young. and i originally wanted to wear it curly at the wedding, but i don't know if i will like it unless it either grows between now and then (which i'm thinking it probably will) or i have you perm it or something. what do you think?

k wow, sorry for the novel! the end.