Monday, January 28, 2008

Could there be a more victorious death...

I know I already posted today but being online and watching tv i have heard lots of mournful cries about the loss of our beloved prophet. Last night when I found out about his death yes I was sad but I was not brought to tears. On the contrary I was rejoicing in the wonderful life that our prophet lead. I am often bothered by all the crap that can happen in this world and to me there is no better way to die then when you are old and have lived a very long and fullfilling life. Our prophet lived to be 97 years of age. An amazing feat. How happy must he be right now to be reunited with his wife. Indeed that is a cause for happiness. And though we all loved President Hinckley dearly we should rejoice in his life and all of his accomplishments and rejoice in the fact that we have wonderful apostles that we know and love, one of which will fill the spot of President of the Church. He will surely be as great as all of the previous prophets of our church.

2 comments:

Christine said...

i love this message. thanks for posting it. :)

Miri said...

me too! i totally agree. i was a little surprised that i actually didn't feel sad when i heard that he died, but then i thought hey, he's with his wife again. he's happy. and we might miss him, but i don't think we should be sad that he's gone.

so how are you feeling today? i'm glad you're finding happy things to think about during such a weird and unpredictable stage in your life. i bet your baby's happy when you're happy.

as far as the wedding plans, they're going pretty well. i'm trying to decide what to do with my hair. it's been kind of a pain as it's started to grow a little bit... i'm considering the perm. we'll see.

also, we should hang out sometime. christine invited us up to the cabin last week but we couldn't go, but i think it'd be fun if we all hung out. what do you think?