Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Otter Pops

So it has been about a week since my glucose screening test and no one has called so i think it is safe to say that I don't have gestational diabetes, which is probably a good thing right now because I have recently become addicted to otter pops. I originally bought them just as a cold treat to keep myself cool now that the weather is getting warmer...well it turns out that once i start one i can't stop. I try to restrict myself by only putting one pack of ten in the freezer at a time so if I do happen to finish it off all in one day(which I have done already) then there wont be anymore in the freezer for me to eat. I seem to do ok when they aren't in the freezer, but the moment I have one I can't stop. Crazy. But I am very glad I can still eat sugar because I have been craving it a lot lately. I went to walmart yesterday and we were in the bakery section. I seriously was so hungry i wanted to grab everything there and have a little bit of each. Luckily i have a husband that can help me control my hunger desires by restricting me to getting only two things. Being pregnant does some crazy things to your appetite. I am actually quite surprised that I haven't exploded into a fat woman with the way i have been eating lately. But to make myself feel better I have been playing the wii. The Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games is a pretty decent work out for a lazy pregnant woman. So i have been trying to counter my large appetite by playing the wii. Who would have ever thought a video game would be a good way to get some exercise...atleast for a lazy pregnant woman like me...
So I am now 29 weeks along. 11 weeks left!! It still seems pretty far away but it is indeed getting very close. I have now started my final countdown. P minus 11 weeks and counting.

1 comment:

Rylie said...

It is so crazy what we crave. I never crave sweets though, in fact they make me sick. I can eat fruit all day though!