Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's getting close!

Ok, so I am down to 8 weeks until my due date. Sometimes I think about it and 8 weeks still seems so far away. But when you look in terms of how far I have been(32 weeks) 8 weeks is nothing. I am hoping these next 8 weeks will go by quickly. I am getting very done with this being pregnant thing. I just can't wait until our baby is here. Little Audree Jean. :)

I went to the doctor today and all is looking well. I am at the point where I will now have appointments every 2 weeks, which I feel will definitely help things go faster. Plus I have my non stress tests that I have to take frequently throughout these last 8 weeks and I have one or two more ultrasounds to look forward to. So hopefully these little "markers" will give me something to look forward to to make the time go faster.

Audree is still as active as can be. She is very good at finding the most uncomfortable places to ram her head into or shove her feet into. It's just great :) It will be even more great when she does these things not inside of me :D

So this past memorial day weekend me and Mark worked really hard on getting our house clean for the baby. First we started by cleaning out our spare bedroom that we had all of our tools and wood and computer stuff and boxes and anything else that we needed to hide away. It was so amazing to see that room entirely empty. It was just crazy. Then we moved the spare bed in there followed by all of the baby stuff so we could then paint the baby's room. The color we decided to paint it is called Cream in my Coffee. It's a really nice light creamy color. Now we are waiting for the crib to arrive and for the paint smell to leave the room, then we will put the room all together. I am so very excited for this. In the pregnancy world this is called "nesting," but I am loving all the stuff that we are getting done. My favorite thing we did over the weekend was clean out our messy closet. We bought some plastic storage drawers and some other closet organizers and man does our closet look amazing. I totally forgot how incredibly huge our closet is. It just makes me smile everytime I see it. And after we get the nursery set up we are going to rearrange our bedroom. Which I am looking forward to because I like this sort of change. Also it will give us a chance to take everything out of the bedroom and touch up the paint in the bedroom(which it has been in desperate need of). And once everything comes out it is so much easier to put it all back in all nice and organized. And we are finally going to get some furniture pieces for our bedroom and we are going to hook the bedside sleeper to our bed so it will be all ready for when the baby comes :) Yay!

Also I have been making cute little headbands with flowers on them for Audree to wear. They are turning out so cute and I can't wait til I can dress her up and make her so beautiful!

So it's still a little far to start counting days but according to my baby ticker I have 56 days left. In about 25 of those days my little sister is coming to stay with us until I have the baby. I am very very happy that she is coming and I can't wait for her to be here. I have been in desperate need of company during the day and soon I will have someone to help with that. Also the bigger I get the more useless I become. So having her around will be a great help to me in getting things done.

I am so glad this is almost all over. I know these pregnancy symptoms don't immediately leave after giving birth but the end is in sight. And I can't wait for it. The over the edge emotions, the not so fun side effects, the over active baby...it's almost over and I will soon have my baby!! And just thinking about that makes me happier than anything else. Just 8 more weeks!!

1 comment:

Rylie said...

8 weeks!? Oh wow! That is soo soon! How exciting! I cannot wait until we are to the point of getting stuff ready. 8 weeks will fly by! :D