
It has definitely been an eventful week for the Bennett family. Sunday night/early Monday morning I start having painful contractions that were about 20-30 minutes apart. By four in the morning they were coming about every 3 minutes. So me and Mark went to Labor and Delivery and they checked me for dilation. I was dilated to a 3 and 90% effaced. They monitored me for an hour and there was no change in my cervix so they gave me a shot of morphine and sent me home. The morphine didn't help the contractions for about three hours but then they mostly went away after that. By early evening I was periodically having contractions again and by about midnight I was having them every 20-30 minutes. Yet another sleepless night ahead of me I waited til about 5 in the morning when the contractions were about 5 minutes apart and so painful. I just had to go back to Labor and Delivery if even to get another morphine shot. So they checked me for dilation and I was dilated to a 3+ and 100% effaced so they stuck me on the monitor again. After about 45 minutes the nurse said she was going to go find my doctor and ask him if he would be willing to take me today. She came back in and the blessed words came. My doctor wanted to break my water! So they set me up in my room and the doctor came in and I was dilated to a 4+ which meant I was in active labor and everything was ready to go. He broke my water at around 8 in the morning, I got an epidural and Audree was born at 2:47 on July 15th. She was 7 lbs. 15 oz and 21 inches long.
It has been 4 days since she was born and aside from the lack of sleep I couldn't be happier. Words can't describe the feeling you get when you see your baby for the first time and when you hold her in your arms for the first time. I just love being a mommy. I feel so very very blessed. All the pregnancy and labor was definitely all worth it. And yes I would do it again :)
2 comments:
I am so glad to hear that is all went well. She is adorable! I can't wait to join the mommy club! I can't wait to see more pictures!
I miss Audree so much already! I know we are going down for her baby blessing but I was actually starting to get used to having a baby around the house. Again, I want to say my thanks to you for letting me stay with you and Mark. It left those four little hours of bonding time at the hospital between Audree and I. I hope everything is well with you Mark and Audree!
Post a Comment