As of yesterday Audree is 5 weeks old! It is so hard to believe it has been 5 weeks since our little miracle was born. It is amazing how much she has changed from the first week. She is alert a lot more now which i just love. I love to see her eyes which are amazingly blue for a baby. I am hoping they will stay blue. As the time has passed her eyes have also become larger which i just love also. Like her mommy and daddy she eats like a pig. She has grown sooo much. I can't wait for her to get older and become more responsive. I swear she smiled at me the other day but she has not done it again. She is starting to become more aware of objects now. When we set her in her bouncer she will see the toys and stare at them. She also stares for minutes at us. It is just great! For those of you who saw how fussy Audree was the other day will be happy to know that we got her some new formula and she has been so much better. She slept so well last night. She slept from about 11:30-3:00 and then 4:00-7:00. Mark got up at 3 and i got up at 7. It was just great to sleep all the way til 7.
Her favorite thing to do is furrow her eyebrows. Often along with furrowing her eyebrows she puckers her lips and sticks out her tongue. She does this particular face quite often.
More furrowing eyebrows...also this is my absolute favorite dress that she owns. I love it
A little bit of tongue. Her tongue was definitely the first thing she discovered when she was born.
Little bit of tongue

And just a cute picture of her probably thinking, "what in the crap is mommy doing with me?"
So generally the summer is a great time, usually most people's favorite time of the year. There is no school, nice whether and lots to do. I have decided now that school is over for both me and Mark the summer isn't as great as it used to be. I mean it really is just like every other day of the year except for the different weather, obviously. I am now starting to feel that Autumn is my favorite time of the year. I absolutely love Fall colors. I love the reds and oranges that the leaves turn. I love the wind and the rain and the cooler weather. But I am especially excited for the new season of television to start. I know this probably sounds silly but there is absolutely nothing on tv during the summer. And especially with the dumb writers strike all the shows were cut short last season. Well it's almost time for the shows to start up with their new seasons. I am most excited for Heroes. For those of you who have never watched it I feel are definitely missing out on some amazing writing. I have not seen a tv show so thought out and so well written. Good stuff. I am also excited for Chuck, which is also very well written and quite clever. It has some great humor and I am hoping the same good writing will continue into this season. And of course there are my silly shows that I watch like America's Next Top Model and Dancing with the Stars. All I have to say is thank goodness for tivo or else watching all these shows with a little baby probably wouldn't be possible. But yay for something to look forward to!
Something else I am looking forward to is the third book in the Inheritance series. I don't know how many of you have read or heard of Eragon and/or Eldest but the third book, Brisingr, is coming out September 20th. If you have not read the book but have seen the movie I am sorry. The movie was absolutely terrible and didn't follow the book well at all. If you are interested the books are absolutely amazing and well worth the read. The author is Christopher Paolini. Originally the books were only going to be a trilogy but apparently the book became too long and has been split into two different books. I am definitely not disappointed. I love reading and am always sad when a good series ends.
Well now that I have written a terribly long post I think I shall end now.
1 comment:
I can't believe it's been 5 weeks already! The time has just flown by! She is so dang cute! I agree with you on the tv shows. I cannot wait for them to start back up again. I am glad you are enjoying being a mommy! I can't wait to be one myself soon! :D
Post a Comment