



Friday night we went to temple square with our friends Jill and Tyler Gant, and their cute daughter Kelsey, to see the lights. On our way up to Salt Lake we stopped in Sandy and ate at Goodwood. Mmmm mmm. I freaking love Goodwood. Of course I got the baby back ribs which never fail to be absolutely delicious. Then we headed to temple square only to realize that we had chosen the day and exact time that there was a Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert. Of course because of the concert, traffic was absolutely terrible. Blah. We finally found a place to park which was faboo. It was a little bit of a walk but not bad. We thought we had to pay but it turned out that it was free which was also just fabulous. We of course had to get a picture of us in front of the temple. It is so beautiful, especially close up. After we walked around the grounds for a little we sat and watched a little bit of the nativity and after our bums froze on the stone we were sitting on we decided to go into the visitors center, which was PACKED. We walked around for a little bit and decided to head out before the concert got out and traffic got bad once again. Aside from the minor setbacks we had lots of fun. Audree was really good through the whole thing which also contributed to the good experience. She loves being in her stroller though, so it was no surprise that she enjoyed herself. So Audree is 5 months old on Monday! It's crazy how big she is getting!! She is sitting up by herself now. As long as everything she is focusing on is eye level for her she can sit by herself indefinitely...but alas eye level never seems to interest her. She finds the floor quite interesting and will plunge face first into it. If she is focused on anything above eye level she just falls back. Sometimes we catch her, sometimes we don't. I figure if she is going to learn to balance and the consequences of not we should let her fall. :) She really doesn't seem to mind anyways. Of course we only sit her up and the carpet which isn't really hard. Today I fed her vegetables for the first time! I mixed some sweet potatoes in with some rice cereal. She really liked the sweet potatoes. It's kind of nice on the days we give her baby food because she doesn't spit up nearly as much on those days. I am excited for when we can start feeding her more often and maybe she will stop spitting up...I long for that day :)
On a final note I am super excited that after December church will now be at 11 instead of 9!!! Maybe me and Mark will actually make it to church on time now. 9 o'clock church really kills me. Sadly our church building only has two wards in it so we have to do 9 o'clock church every other year. Blah. I am not a morning person AT ALL. Then to add a baby to take care of on top of that...Thank goodness church will now be at 11!
2 comments:
That was fun, thanks for letting us come with you guys. And Amen to the 11:00 church. Now you have no excuse to be late. :)
Just your luck that you picked that day and time ;)
That all sounded like so much fun! I am glad you enjoyed yourself.
Thank you SO much for changing my blog for me! I didn't expect you to do EVERYTHING! Thank you SOOOO much!
Post a Comment