Thanksgiving weekend was lots of fun. I was very grateful to have my family around. Thursday morning we headed to Eden(over the mountain from North Ogden) where my Aunt and Uncle were hosting Thanksgiving lunch. We went a little early to meet my family there and use my Uncle's saws. Little did we know how much we didn't know and he did. We are so grateful that he was able to use his talents to help us cut the shelves right. He is a super talented carpenter. As always Thanksgiving lunch was AMAZING! My mother made 18 dozen rolls(a lot I know). But they were delish. And to top it off there was Stove Top stuffing this year!! The only kind of stuffing to eat :) After the food it was nice to just relax and have good conversations with my relatives. Of course my little siblings spent most of the time down in the theater room playing Rock Band...of course joined frequently by Mark who does amazingly well on the drums and the vocals. I didn't even attempt anything...I'm lame, I know.
Later that day we learned that Mark's grandmother Jenny Bennett took a turn for the worse and was likely to pass away that day. So after we finished up in Eden we headed over to the Bennett's house and we spent a few minutes with Jenny. It was really sad for me to see such a great friend go. Before me and Mark were married relations with his immediate family looked pretty bleak. At a time when I felt so unwelcome and disliked she welcomed me like I was a part of the family the whole time. I will never forget her kindness and love towards me. She was a pleasure to be around and I am grateful for the brief relationship I had with her.
Friday was filled with haircuts and dyes and never ending fighting brought on by disagreements over who's turn it was to play games on the wii(good ol younger siblings). I cut and dyed my mothers hair. I gave my little bro Carter a really cute fohawk and I gave Becca a haircut that looked sooooooooooo super cute. That night we had friends over who were in town visiting from Pennsylvania and I made yummy burgers. I have sort of been on a burger kick lately. Yumm yum.
Saturday I slept in, which was super nice, then I dyed Becca's hair. After I finished Becca's hair me and the fam headed to South Jordan where my Aunt Terri lives and we dropped off the kids(including Audree) and me, Mark, my parents and Amanda headed to the Jordan River temple to do a session. After our session Mark treated my family to a nice dinner at Johnny Carrino's which was super delish. I got the Lemon Rosemary Chicken which has turned out to be my favorite dish there. YUM. After dinner we were going to head to Temple square to look at the lights but my already hurting toe had become worse after I stubbed it, wore really tight temple shoes over it(which have become smaller since my feet have become larger from being prego) and then slipped in my slightly large church shoe only to squish the painfully aching toe...so we opted out and headed home and enjoyed some peace and quiet after the busy weekend.
It was a really good weekend and I was sad it had to end. It's great having extra help with Audree...sometimes I felt so bad when I'd be off doing something and I didn't even think about Audree when I headed off to what I was doing. It was comforting though to know that she was in really good hands and that she loves her grandparents and her aunts(not really her uncles but that's ok). I am really thankful that we had the opportunity to be reminded of all we should be thankful for and I am excited for the Christmas season. I love the holidays and spending time with family and remembering Christ. It is such a good time of the year!
2 comments:
hey, thanks for the html code color advice! i put that link up so that i wouldn't have to google for it anymore, but it sounds like i won't even need the site. i'll definitely try out your advice when i get around to changing our blog again.
:)
I LOVE the lemon rosmary chicken! That is my favorite dish there too!
Post a Comment