So the post just below this one I've had written for about a week but was waiting on the ultrasound pictures in order to publish it. A bunch has happened since then so I figured I break them down into two posts. Don't forget to read the one below this!
So yesterday was a really busy day for us. This is how our day went:
10:30- appointment with OBGYN
11:00- ultrasound
11:30- ran home and grabbed some nutrition and liquids
12:00- headed to Cedar Hills for the last walk through of our home
1:30- checked out Sears outlet for a refrigerator
2:00- bought a refrigerator at RC Willey
2:45 rushed home so I could grab some more nutrition and liquids(my pregnant body is very needy
3:00- headed to Murray to close on our house
4:00- closed on our house
5:30- stopped at the in-laws for a potty break and some relaxing
-decided not to go to carmax because of traffic
6:00-rushed home as fast as we could in lingering rush hour traffic to make it home in time to show our condo to some people
7:20- showed our condo and crossed our fingers that these people will bite
7:40- rushed to Magelby's to make it to Mark's work Christmas party
8:45- dinner was finally served
9:45- we could finally leave the Christmas party
10:30- crashed
Now to elaborate on the things that need elaborating. First our appointment. It went good like a normal appointment. I've gained a lot more weight then I wanted to and I am baffled as to why it seems like every couple days I put on another pound. I eat well, I don't eat too much and I try and do yoga as often as time will allow. I should probably do some more active workouts but with moving and all I don't have access to the treadmill and it is positively FREEZING outside...I was hoping yoga would suffice but I'm thinking maybe not :(
The ultrasound went well. Our little girl is measuring right on my due date(Audree always measured a week ahead). Everything appeared to be good with her. I thought we may be able to escape this pregnancy without worry and possibilities of complications unlike last time(Audree only had one artery in her umbilical cord and there is supposed to be two and there was potential of genetic disorders, kidney problems, uterine restriction growth and other such things) but we aren't quite that lucky. This baby does have two arteries in the umbilical cord, which we are grateful for, but we learned that the placenta is really low. The potential complication with this are hemorrhaging and excessive post natal hemorrhaging and a condition called Placenta Previa where the placenta moves over the cervix and the complications there are pretty obvious and will lead to careful monitoring and a c-section. In most cases as the uterus grows up the placenta moves up with it. But in some cases it doesn't so they have to monitor that. I have another ultrasound in 4 weeks to see if the placenta is moving up at all. Meanwhile if I have any bleeding it is probably do to the position of the placenta and I'll need to call a nurse and probably go into the hospital to be checked out.
After the closing when we visited the in-laws I was telling my mother in-law about the low placenta and she said she had actually had the impression that I should take it easy through this whole moving thing and not work my body too hard or stress it out. I too had a similar feeling through this whole packing process. I've felt like a piece of crap just sitting around not being very helpful but I really felt that I shouldn't be doing anything too laborious and now I am glad that I chose to take it easy. And I am grateful for ultrasounds that make us aware of stuff like a low-placenta so I know that I am a tad more fragile this time around.
Technically we are not home owners right now because all the signatures and transactions have to be processed and approved but today at some time we will be proud homeowners. It's really crazy to think that we have a house. When we went and looked at the house yesterday I was shocked at how much bigger it is then I remembered. I would look at the pictures we took and remember it that way. But seriously the pictures don't do the house any justice. It's so much bigger then the pictures show. It's crazy. We still love the place and are excited to get our stuff in it. It's really a beautiful house and should suit us well for the next while. Because we closed early we will now have the weekend to clean the house in preparation for us moving in. I am VERY grateful for this.
And that is really all the important stuff going on with us. We are excited for our little girl and a new house to bring her in to. We have been very blessed this Christmas season and we couldn't be more grateful for all the things we have.
2 comments:
Well, I'm glad everything went well. When I was pregnant with Alea my placenta was really low too. As time went on, it slowly moved and I had no problems. Hopefully you will be just as lucky. :)
Yay for another girl!! I hope that your placenta will move it up! Hope you guys have a great Christmas!
Post a Comment