Friday, January 28, 2011

2 1/2

I did Arya's 9 month post and I would be a bad mom if i forgot to do Audree's 2 1/2 year post.

Yes, our Miss Audree has been with us for 2 1/2 years now. Sometimes as I watch Arya grow so quickly I forget that Audree too is growing. But then it becomes more apparent when her thoughts turn into sentences. About a month ago it seemed like all the sudden Audree went from, a bunch of words, maybe stringing a few together and mimicking us to speaking in sentences that she herself came up with. It's crazy to me when she says stuff like, "Come sit here with Audree." Or when asked if she is done instead of just saying no she says things like "Nope, not yet," or "Audree wants more ____."(Yes she refers to herself by her name).

Audree is our big girl weighing in at a whopping 32 lbs. She is pretty mischievous and likes to get into everything even after she gets in trouble a hundred times for it. She is good at acting right when no one is paying attention.

She has a sweet tooth. She can be good at eating other foods if she wants to. The other day after dinner was over, Audree was still at her seat, I wanted a little more and since my plate was already cleared from the table I just scooped some more food onto Audree's plate. I took one bite from it and she grabbed the fork from me and proceeded to eat everything I scooped for me and everything we scooped for her an hour previous.

Audree loves to help out. She likes to help her daddy with the dishes. Recently she'll take the dirty diaper and put them in a bag and take that bag to the garage door because she knows the garbage can is out that door.

She likes to be naked. Some mornings I don't even dress her b/c every time I do I'm lucky if her clothes stay on for more then a couple hours. Putting her clothes on used to prevent her from taking her diaper off but now it doesn't. We had a special FHE about keeping our diaper on and only mommy and daddy being the ones to change it but that still hasn't stuck...:(

Audree loves her sister but is in a phase where she bullies her a little. Sometimes I think she thinks she's helping her like when she's dragging her around the hard floor.

On her own she's pretty mellow, but she feeds off of other peoples energies. The more crazy the playmate the crazier Audree gets. Though she never gets quite as crazy. She is a cautious person.

She can be a big sweetheart and a big stinker.

She is 1/3 of the reason living life is worth it.

1 comment:

Jill said...

You've reached that age! 2 1/2 is a fun age, but that's when I started to really struggle with Kelsey. (Sorry to be negative.) But Audree is getting older and can do so many more fun things than she used to. I remember thinking, I can't wait till Kelsey is old enough to do this and that, and now she is! Have fun with little miss Audree!