Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cooking

One of my favorite things about cooking is being creative. I rarely use a recipe and I rarely measure unless I am trying to exactly recreate a dish I previously enjoyed. I'm all about the progress of a dish, tasting as you go. I taste as I go and add more of stuff until I feel I have created the flavors I desire.

My mother in law occasionally makes a Afghan meat sauce and rice dish. It is a very simple dish and i always enjoyed it so I decided to make up my own recipe at home. What I came up with has more of an Indian influence but we really enjoy it at our house. You can find the recipe here.

I love cooking and I am grateful for a husband that appreciates every meal I make. I wouldn't enjoy cooking quite as much if I didn't have grateful mouths to serve it to. :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm a grateful mouth! You are such a good cook and everything you make always tastes so yummy. I just bought a spice rack so I can try to make some of your recipes!

Laura said...

Yeah, cooking isn't nearly as much fun when you don't have someone to cook for. I'm grateful I have a husband who loves my cooking :)