For the past month Mark has been working 12 hour days(Saturdays as well). Including travel time and trips to the store Mark is gone about 13 1/2-14 hours of the day. This past month has been incredibly difficult for me and I have a greater appreciation for single parents of young children. I don't know how they do it! It's only been a month for me and I've proven that I'm not very good at it. I wish I could say that I turn into super mom but it is not true. My mind sort of shuts down and I go into survival mode and it's all I can do just to make it through the day. The tv and movies are my best friends and any routines we had established went down the drain. The girls eat chicken nuggets, corn and applesauce almost every night with the occasional peanut butter and honey sandwich. I give them way more graham crackers than I should and candy bribes are what gets me through a trying day. My desire to take care of myself was very little and I was half starving myself until my lovely sister-in-law came over and helped me go shopping(I rarely like to venture out to the store on my own especially when I am in survival mode). With food in my house and hormones temporarily at bay I am coping a lot better than I was before but it is still very hard.
One thing I did to help me through this time was read Fablehaven
I honestly didn't think I'd like them as much as I did but by the time the book was closing and I realized it was the last book of the series I found myself quite disappointed that it had ended. For the days after I was having withdrawals and there kinda seemed to be a void in my life...Haha! I do really wish the author would have written more and delved a little more into relationships but it is what it is. They were pretty great books and I definitely recommend them to anyone who loves a good fantasy series. Mark was really kind to me and let me buy the series in hardback!Thank goodness the deadline for Mark's project is June 2nd so the 12 hour days should be ending really soon if not this week. Things are looking better and I'm starting to feel better. Mark was able to come home at the normal time on Friday and he was able the stay home on Saturday and we got a bunch of work done. Our sprinklers are almost finished in the front and I made huge headway in combating the plethora of weeds in our yard. As soon as the plaster guy comes and plasters the foundation we'll be able to get to work on the gardening and landscaping.
For a while now I've been annoyed with how scraggly Audree's hair was looking and so I decided to give it a cut. I like her with short hair better anyways. I love how it turned out! I think it's super cute on her :)

I don't know where she got this idea but she decided that this was an appropriate response to, "go stand by the wall so I can take a picture of you pretty hair." It gave us quite a good laugh! Silly girl.
Earlier today Audree was in the bathroom with me while I was getting ready and Arya was over in the playroom watching Tangled. Arya started crying so Audree hops off her chair and says "I'll go check, I'll go check! Stay there Mommy, ok!" She runs off to check on Arya and then she comes back and tells me, "Arya's just faking it." :) I love this age so much better than those earlier terrible two's. I love to hear Audree's personality come out through the words/phrases she chooses to use. Some of them I can tell are copies of what we say and other are of her own invention. Arya is at the stage where she loves to climb into things. We have a couple of these little bins, some are in the shower and she loves to sit in them. When she's in the shower it fills up with water and it's like her own little tub.
And let's not forget that face. This is the face she reserves just for the camera. It's almost impossible to catch her off guard, with a smile on her face, looking at the camera without her making this face. Such a stinker! Arya is our little diva. She always let's you know exactly how she is feeling and if she doesn't get her way she lets you know it! She knows how cute she is and she loves getting attention. She flirts with anybody sitting behind her in church. If I ever give my attention to Audree she gets very jealous and has to be part of it and in her own little way tries to push Audree out. She is always making us laugh and if she wasn't so dang cute she'd probably drive me mad!
This happened today and it was too adorable not to share. I went visiting teaching this morning and the lady had apples out. Of course Audree and Arya found them and before I knew it they were taking bites out. Little stinkers. So we came home and I set Arya up to her chair to continue gnawing at her apple and I go about my business. I check on her to find her just like this. Out cold still holding her apple. So cute I couldn't resist taking a bunch of pics. When I pulled her tray away to get her out and take her to bed she got startled and seemed to wake up. She puts the apple right back to her mouth and starts chewing on it. I set her tray down, look back and her eyes are shut yet she is still chewing on the apple. I'm pretty sure she wasn't even actually awake. I took her upstairs and put her down and she didn't even wake up like she usually does. It was too cute. I love how precious sleeping babies are and I love when they fall asleep in random places. So that's what we have been up to. What we have to look forward to? Well in less than 2 weeks we are headed to Disneyland. This will be mine, as well as Audree and Arya's, first time at Disneyland. Hopefully this will be a nice vacation after a really hectic month. I don't know what to expect at Disneyland but it better be freaking awesome b/c I can tell you the car ride will be nothing short of torture with Arya in the car. She hates car rides and never fails to let you know how much. If we survive then you can expect a totally awesome Disneyland post. Not that it will be that awesome b/c let's face it, everyone but me has been to Disneyland and everyone's pictures are pretty much the same...I can't imagine mine will be anymore exciting :) Come August me and Mark will our be taking a vacation for our 4th anniversary. Nothing too exciting b/c we are saving up for an even awesomer vacation for our 5th. But we are excited nonetheless to get a break from life and a break from the girls who I am sure we will love so much more after a little break :) Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment