Saturday, August 20, 2011

4th anniversary

Last night me and Mark were able to celebrate our anniversary just the two of us thanks to my sister in law and mother in law and father in-law. Friday we dropped the girls off at their grandparents house and then me and Mark headed to Fratelli.
Mark got Gnocchi Gorgonzola and I got Chicken Piccata. Both dishes were very good and authentic and unique. I was wanting to try something that I hadn't tried before and I think this delivered.

After our dinner we headed to the South Towne Mall to do some shopping. I got me two pairs of jeans and some work out clothes and Mark got himself a pair of jeans. We also got Audree some super cute outfits for the Fall.

After shopping we popped on over to the Megaplex and watched The Help. I was a little nervous watching it because sometimes the subject can be a little difficult and sometimes I can be really sensitive to violence and stuff. But I had nothing to fear. It was a very good story and I admit a cried about three times. And not just watery eyes, I was pouring like a fountain! For as much as I cried I also laughed as well.
I highly recommend this movie for all movie goers, very worth it!

After the movie we headed to Walmart to grab some dessert(it was our anniversary, who cares if it was already midnight...) and some breakfast for the following morning. Then we drove up to Mark's parents condo in Solitude

I love it there and even though we didn't get to do much there because our evening was packed with other things it was nice to break from routine and spend a night without the girls. It was a nice relaxing evening and much needed. I am grateful for Mark and the thought he put into our evening and my in-laws for being willing to provide me with this evening. Today after we returned home Mark gave me another present. Seasons 1 and 2 of Psych!!! Yes family, be jealous! I feel so blessed to have such good people in my life and to have had 4 years with not only my awesome husband but my awesome in-laws and my beautiful children.

Happy 4 to us!

3 comments:

Christine said...

The Help is an awesome book! I still need to see the movie...

Jill said...

Sounds so fun! Glad you had a great time!

Laura A. said...

Chicken piccata is yummy. I make it sometimes :)