Make lemonade right? Sometimes I think kids were sent to us so we couldn't actually relax and enjoy that lemonade. When something good happens they just have to remind us not to get comfortable because life just wouldn't be good if things stayed good.
For example: Miss Audree has been potty trained for a good amount of time now but that past week has been HORRIBLE in this department. Especially the past couple days Audree almost always goes pee in her panties before she gets to the toilet. No matter how many times I tell her to go when she first feels like she has to go, she wont.
Her curiosity also gets the better of her and that has been causing her to get pee everywhere but the toilet. Toilet paper is no longer for wiping but for crumpling up and putting in the toilet. This morning she didn't pull up her t-shirt that was serving as her pajamas and tried to pee which equaled a soaked shirt and pee all over the toilet and floor for me to clean up. I want to scream every time I walk in the bathroom to help Audree and it's a disaster. I threaten to put her back in diapers and she says ok. I remind her that babies wear diapers and they take naps and stuff and she says ok. My current method, because i just dealt with another episode of Audree not going to the potty and wetting in her panties and then trying to fix it by just putting new panties on(backwards too) I decided I am going to have to resort once again to candy for bribery. So if she doesn't wet her panties and waits for me or Mark to help her wipe then she gets candy. If she fails to do either of these she goes without and will probably go to time out. Will this work? Goodness gracious I hope so because in the past two days it was everything I could do not to pack up and run away until she decided to do this potty thing right.
Add to this the fact that Arya is...well Arya. She screams for a long time before naps and bedtime no matter what time she is put down. She climbs onto everything. She screams and whines until she gets paid attention to, which she wants like all the time. She throws tantrums worthy of a 2 year old pro. If I don't come to carry her down the stairs she takes about 10 minutes to get down and scream/cries/whines the whole time. She finds stray crayons and draws on any surface she can reach. If she doesn't get her way she proceeds to kick her feet like crazy for the next couple minutes as the first part of her tantrum. And the best part of all of this is that it is everyday and my only relief is when she finally falls asleep or those moments in between where she is being completely silly and makes the cutest faces and does the cutest things. Is that enough to make up for her ever whining attitude and her super naughty behavior? Somedays I am not sure it does, especially when it's mixed with a 3 year old who's potty mess I have to clean up multiple times a day. That and the fact that her stubborness has dramatically increased and she refuses to do things right and refuses to learn the right way to do things.
I need a break! Then maybe I'll have a chance to actually drink that lemonade. And heck, I may even be able to enjoy it too!
2 comments:
I think you're in need of a GIRLS NIGHT!!!
I'm thinking it must be an age thing. Brecklyn does the same things as Arya. . .she has never been one for needed to be held or wanting attention but lately she does. She climbs on every table/chair/whatever she can. She gets into the markers/pens and colors all over herself or any paper she can find. It's tough especially when you have dinner to make etc., but a little attention seems to be the thing they need most. Good luck :)
Post a Comment