Note: if you don't enjoy reading about potty business than this post/rant is not for you!
I thought my 3 year old was my big girl and my 1 year old was my baby but I guess I was wrong. My 3 year old is also a baby.
Does that sound mean? Maybe, but let me explain. Audree has been potty trained for about 3 months now. Well it was 3 months until a few weeks ago she up and decided she no longer wanted to go in the potty. I tried everything to keep her going but all I ended up doing was cleaning up many accidents a day. She even learned to hide #2 after she went in her panties and I got to find glorious surprises deposited in "hiding" places every day. I was at my wits end! A mother can only handle so much of that. At first we tried to convince her that wearing a diaper means she was a baby and would have to do things that babies do like take naps and that kept her wanting to wear her pullups but she still didn't go in the potty. So I forced her to wear a diaper and instead of driving her to do better she has given in to being a baby and wearing her diaper and going in it like she was never potty trained before!
Is there anything about parenting that is worse than potty training? I think NOT!!! I have vowed that I am not potty training Audree again...so I don't know what she's going to do when she is the only 3/4 year old out there that isn't potty trained. The only sunbeam(come the new year) that doesn't wear big girl panties...honestly I am embarrassed and I am angry. I think they even frown on sunbeams that aren't potty trained but that's just something I've heard before so I'm not sure it's true. Either way I am so disappointed. So angry. So so so frustrated. I swear I will not go through this again! You know how they have training school for dogs? Well unless Audree goes back to going potty in the toilet on her own I'm shipping her off somewhere to be trained to act like a real person. Ok, maybe not really but I am just so sick of this. What more do kids want then sugar? I even offered her a cookie for every single time she goes potty in the toilet and what does she do? She poops in the shower!
Some days I wish I could just run away! I feel like I've already been pushed over the edge and every time another accident happened I was just that much closer to throwing my child outside butt naked and having her fend for herself. If she insists and acting like an animal than why not treat her like one? Animals go potty outside! Let me just says she is lucky our backdoor is like 10 yards away from our neighbors back door and that we have no fence...because that's probably the only thing that has stopped me from doing that!
So here I am, back to having 2 babies...If I had signed up for two babies at the same time I would have had twins...or kids only 9 months apart, but apparently that doesn't matter to Audree. I think maybe I got her Halloween costume wrong!!
I realize that I sound mean and probably sound like a bad mom but I swear a mom can only handle so much of this potty training stuff. Especially if your child has already been COMPLETELY potty trained! So now back to buying diapers for 2! What a great burden to have right during the holidays!! Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to me!!!!!
3 comments:
Have you tried having Mark train when he's home? I know that's hard since he works but my girls seems to act up for me more than other people. Maybe you should have your mom and sisters do it while they are in town. Will Audree do it for them? I'm no expert, just a suggestion. :) Seriously, potty training is hard and I didn't even have to go through half what you have gone through. I hope Miss Audree figures it out soon and that you survive! Good Luck!
hahaha i love how honest you are. I bet so many moms think this but dont admit it so I love that you do. It makes me feel better about my thoughts sometimes
I feel EXACTLY the SAME way since my Ansley did just that when the new baby came home...I haven't a clue how to help. I asked her pediatrician and he said not to make a big deal of it or it will become a power struggle, so I just change her like it is normal - but seriously, the financial burden with THREE in diapers is KILLING us!!! But I have decided at Christmas break, Kurt is going to work with Ansley (she responds better to him than me) and I will work with Maizy and hopefully, hopefully, we will take care of both because we cannot continue paying $200 a month for diapers...good luck and let me know if you find a way! I will keep you posted on us, too! Oh, so you are NOT the only mom out there with a 3 year old in diapers! :)
Post a Comment