So as I mentioned in the post below we just recently finished watching Lost. And by recently I mean we watched the last episode last night. We never jumped on the Lost bandwagon. We'd both seen random episodes and didn't really get it so we weren't convinced and we didn't care to be numbered among the people that watched Lost. But since we signed up again for Netflix, and I spend a lot of time on the couch nursing, I wanted to watch a TV series and I figured Lost was as good as any place to start. Plus people seemed to like it, and all the episodes would be there so we wouldn't have to wait at all so I thought, why not?!
After last night I honestly couldn't help but think that that was 90 hours of my life I will never get back!!! But for the sake of being fair let me back up a bit. We both enjoyed season 1. Season 2 came and went and Mark wasn't as enthralled anymore. I honestly think Mark liked the first season more than me because season 2 was about on the same level for me. I was disappointed that Boone was killed off as he was the most attractive person on that island but it didn't bug me too much because the story went on without him.
It was interesting and a little flawed but enthralling nonetheless. By the time we got to season 6 though I was just ready for the series to end(Mark, I believe, was ready long before that). So with that being said it is probably more fair to say that I will never get back 14ish of those 90ish hours of my life back. Especially those last 2 as I was excessively disappointed with the ending. I was unsatisfied and there's not much more frustrating to me than a series ending with me feeling unsatisfied. Neutral I can handle, satisfied is great, but unsatisfied leaves me unhappy and because so many hours were invested I continue feel unsatisfied for a long time. It wasn't the worst ending in the world and I didn't hate it, but I didn't really like it either.
On the flip side I have been watching episodes of Monk during the day while I am nursing or cleaning and I am very much enjoying it. I've even cried on some of the episodes..haha!
And while we are on the subject of TV shows, I am sooooo excited for White Collar to start!
I don't normally think Matt Bomer is THAT attractive but hello!! So excited to see what this season has to bring. I also saw yesterday that Covert Affairs is starting back up as well, yay! USA is not disappointing this summer! The seasons of Royal Pains and Suits have just started as well so I'm feeling pretty set up for my summer prime time television! I just wanna say that USA does it right. I love having stuff to watch during the summertime! Anybody else love USA Network as much as I do?


No comments:
Post a Comment