I know the action on this blog has been minimal as of late but rest assured life is going great. Since our little man is 5 weeks old today I thought it was time for an update.
These past 5 weeks with Bracken have been great. We are so blessed to have him in our lives. It's funny, I was really nervous about having 3 children. Everyone mentions how it's the point in which your children outnumber you so naturally it's gotta be difficult. I'm not saying it's a piece of cake but in all honesty transitioning from 1 child to 2 was a lot harder than 2 to 3. Aside from the fact that I spend lots of time on the couch nursing I feel like the "crazy" level is just the same as it was before Bracken came. I still don't think I am quite ready to venture out on my own with all 3 kids but life has been just about normal with the added bonus of having our little man with us.
This coming Sunday we are blessing Bracken. My family will be in town including my awesome sister Amanda. We are all so excited to have her here!! We can't wait! For the after blessing lunch we are having a roast, a baked potato bar, a salad bar and a dessert bar. Since it is father's day and Mark loves chocolate I am making this sinfully delicious looking chocolate cake. Hopefully it will be as good as it looks. We are also probably going to make a couple of the winning bars from the lds living contest, mmm dessert!
So here's a little more about Bracken at 5 weeks:
-So far Bracken seems to be everything I thought a boy would be. He eats and he sleeps and when he is awake and not eating he's not content because obviously the purpose of life is to eat...and sleep. We are getting a little better at being content when awake though!
-Along the same lines Bracken is just starting to respond to rattles. Today I was able to keep him happy a good 15 minutes by shaking his rattle in front of him.
-Bracken hates his swing. Both girls like it, Audree loved it, but Bracken hates it. I find this a little frustrating as it would be nice to set him in it, turn on some white noise or music and know that I'll get some free time but I usually get only 2 minutes, if I am lucky.
-Bracken loves to be held. We probably can't do this for too much longer but everyday during his afternoon nap he snuggles up on my chest and we take a nap together. Definitely one of the best parts of my day.
-I've never been one that is huge on nicknames. There are a few I say that go interchangeably between the girls like sweetheart, sweet cheeks, sweetie pie, saying miss before their name but that's about as far as I go. So with Bracken it's about the same except with more boyish names. My "nicknames" for him are Bud, Big Boy, Handsome and Studmuffin.
-Bracken is starting to smile but it's quite a chore getting a smile out. Sometimes after all my efforts all I get is a one sided smile but I'll take it!
-Bracken prefers sleeping on his stomach which makes the whole only putting them on their back rule really suck. In fact all my kids preferred their stomachs and once they learned to roll ended up sleeping on their tummy's anyways. So to be safe we swaddle the crap out of him and at night he sleeps the first part for 4-6 hours on his back then Mark feeds him a bottle for his first feeding then he usually ends up in bed with us because I am so tired that I just nurse him laying down and usually fall back asleep while he's eating.
-We still have no idea what color Bracken's eyes will be. At this point it was very obvious that both the girls would have blue eyes but Bracken's eye color is still unknown. They definitely wont be brown but they don't necessarily look blue either. It will be interesting to see.
-Bracken is the cutest baby boy in the world! He gets about a thousand kisses a day from me and a couple hundred more from his sisters.
-Bracken is a big boy and is already filling out the length of a lot of his 3 month clothes. I've already had a couple comments about how he looks more like he's 2 months old instead of 1. Our dentist said his 4 month old nephew is about the same size as Bracken!
Happy 5 weeks to our favorite little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment