Friday, August 10, 2012

Audree is 4 and Bracken is 3 months

This is one of my favorite pictures of Audree.  What a beautiful girl!
We'll start with Audree turning 4, which happened back on July 15th.  What can I say about my big girl?  Those of you who've never met Audree don't get to see what a true sweetheart she is.  I think maybe sometimes I get caught up with the naughty things she does that I forget to say all the wonderful things about her.  Those of you who do know her can probably attest to this; Audree always has a smile on her face.  She loves everyone and thinks everyone is her best friend.  Sometimes it can be awkward when she starts tagging along with people she hardly knows...but it's great that I know that when I'm not around she is happy, sweet and well behaved.  All of her teachers in church always stop too tell me how sweet she is and ask me if she is always that happy.  This is one of the things I love most about Audree.

This summer has been a been fun but difficult for Audree.  She has been able to play a lot with her BFF, Evie.  She got a new brother that she loves to play with.  On the flip side though she hasn't been able to play outside as much as she'd like because a) it is blasted hot out this summer and b) most days(though it is getting easier now) it is too hard to get all three kids outside and watch them in the heat and haul them all back in a few minutes later when Bracken just can't take it anymore and wants to nurse.  Arya can't be outside on her own so to be fair I have to bring Audree in too and it inevitably results in one meltdown or more.  She also gets frustrated when I ask her to play with Bracken while I try to shove some lunch down my throat.  She seems to only want to play with Bracken when it is her idea...

I cannot remember the exact measurements and percentages from Audree's appointment but I do know that she weighs about 36 lbs which is average and she is about 40 inches which is also average(average being at or just above the 50%).  Her vision seemed to be just great though we do need to take her to a pediatric opthamologist to get one of her eyes checked that often has trouble looking to the out side.  Lately I've been pretty suspicious about it affecting her peripheral as she often runs in to things that she should know are there(like the granite hangover on the kitchen island).  All in all she is growing great and doing great.

In less than a month Audree will start preschool.  Mommy is pretty nervous about it but Audree is so excited.  She's already picked out her backpack and now she wants to work on her worksheets all the time. I seriously can't believe that my baby is 4 and will be going to preschool!

Now onto Bracken.  Our little dude is 3 months old!  It was official on the 7th but it's taken me a few days to get to this post.  Gosh I love that face!  Such a handsome one :)

Bracken has been sick the past couple of days so I have been pretty busy catering to him and holding him constantly(though I did get a nice break with a friend last night!) and trying to relieve his discomfort so that is my excuse for being a little late on this post(I definitely didn't actually forget until yesterday that the 3 month mark had already passed...).

Every time I look at Bracken and can't help but wonder how I got so dang lucky!  He is just my favorite little dude.  I remember being afraid to have a boy despite the fact that I was like 13 when my youngest brother was born and we had a really strong connection.  Now that Bracken is here I don't know why I ever thought that!  He's so perfect, he fits right in and he makes me so happy!  Sometimes it seems like he's really needy but then I have to remind myself that he's just a baby so of course he's needy!

Audree is kind of beyond the point where I make lists of what she can do so that's why I didn't make one for her but because Bracken is little and learning new stuff every day I will now make a list of all stuff Bracken.

-Bracken has rolled from his back to his tummy a few times but hasn't repeated in like a week.

-We like to call this little guy Bracken but some other things I call him are:  Big Dude, Buddy, Buddy Boy, Bracken Buddy(this is more what Audree and Arya call him) and other random silly things.

-Loves to laugh.  His laugh is usually a single burst of laughter followed by some cooing.

-Speaking of cooing this little guy is a talker.  Last Sunday in church he was just talking and laughing and doing it all as loud as he could.

-Fists, Mmmmm Mmmmm.  Yes, he has discovered the joy that comes from sucking on his fists.  Lots of slobber!

-All throughout the day Bracken can be cranky after he wakes up from a nap but after a good nights rest man is he happy to be awake.  I love, love, love the mornings with my happy boy!

-Bracken tried out his jumper for the first time and I think he likes it.  He can only spend about 5 minutes in there but I think that is pretty good for a 3 month old.

-I love baby snuggles but Bracken has already grown out of it, tear!  He loves to be held but he prefers to be facing outward and sitting up so he can see everything.

-He was never good at taking a binky but now it's completely gone, he finds it quite offensive when you stick it in his mouth.  Speaking of which, he has decided that it is quite awful to be fed a bottle and will no longer take it.  Blah!  We were giving him one about twice a week but I guess it wasn't enough to keep him willing.  Darn!

-Bracken loves to be held but I just can't always hold him.  If I am sitting next to him and he starts fussing tickling his feet or blowing on them will almost always make him stop crying.

-Bracken has recently decided that it's hilarious when I sing to him.  Yeah, I laugh at myself too :)

-This kid loves interaction.  When he's crying you know there are basically 2 things he wants, food and/or interaction.

-By 3 months it was quite obviously the girls would have blue eyes.  At this point we have NO idea what color Bracken's eyes will be.  It is a mystery.  Some moments they look green, others they looks sort of gray and tannish and sometimes just really gray...but not really blue-gray...just gray.

-According to me stepping on the scale with Bracken he is about 14 lbs.  What a big boy!!  My scale tends to read a little high though so he's probably not quite 14 lbs.

-All of my kids have been this way, and I don't know why, but their tops are always much longer than their bottoms.  Bracken has been fitting in 3-6 month shirts for about a month now but his 3-6 month pants are still a bit long on him.

-His hair looks like it will stay brown.  Audree had brown hair when she was born but her baby hair fell out and super blonde hair grew in.  Bracken's hair isn't as dark as it was at birth but it appears to be staying a light brown.

-Sleeping has been rough lately what with a small decrease in my milk production and him being sick but before that he was going to bed around 9 and waking up to eat around 3:30, he was doing better than that but decided he no longer wanted to sleep longer...

-Bracken loves watching his sisters but sometimes finds them overwhelming.

-Bracken loves to fall asleep in his daddy's arms.  Every time he wont go to sleep all I gotta do is give him to Mark.

That was pretty long so I think I will stop there....though I probably could go on forever.  What mom couldn't really.  I am definitely so grateful to have Bracken as part of our family!


I thought that because Arya was largely left out of this post that I would add a little bit of cuteness about her.  We just barely started having the girls say their own separate prayers instead of just Audree saying it for both of them and vice versa.   Arya's prayers are just the cutest!  Sometimes I just want to eat her up she is so dang cute.  Lately her prayers go like this, "Heavenly Father, thank you for this day.  Mommy be happy, Daddy be happy, Bracken be happy, toys, Jesus Christ, Amen!  Love that girls to freakin' pieces! 





No comments: