Friday, October 12, 2012

The Haps

So here's what is up with us lately:

This past week we have kind of been sick.  And by we I mean mostly me.  Audree was sick on Monday but was doing much better on Tuesday.  Arya has been a tad congested but has had no fever and hasn't let the congestion slow her down in the least bit.  Me, I've been achy and feverish with a sore throat, congestion and a yucky cough.  Mommies really shouldn't be able to get sick.  I'm kinda thinking being a mom is probably the reason why I have been sick for 4 days with worse symptoms than my kids.  All of those days I did feel pretty crappy but I managed and then Mark would get home and bam, the fever would get worse and obviously so would the aches.  I think my body would just finally relax and allow me to be sick because Mark was finally home to help.  Anyway, today I feel on the mend and think by tomorrow I'll be back on my feet again though my cough seems like it will probably linger for a while.

 Bracken is now 5 months old and has hit some awesome milestones and is getting close to some others.  He is getting close to sitting up though it will probably still be another month before he can actually do it without me being behind him.  He is never where you leave him.  He scoots and rolls all over the place.  The rolling has forced him to get loads better at tummy time.  He lifts himself up high on his arms and has now started lifting his bum up.  Pretty soon he'll be getting onto his hands and knees and then soon after that he'll be crawling, eek! I am not sure if I am ready for that! 

Audree is in her second month of pre-school and it's going great.  She absolutely loves it.  Some days the excitement just wipes her out and she comes home a little cranky and takes a nap.  I love seeing her learn and grow.  Once a week and twice every other week I pick 4 kids, including Audree, up from school.  Sometimes it can be pretty crazy with those 4 kids plus Arya and Bracken but it's been good.  I love the drive home and listening to the kids talk.  The two boys I drive home are so funny together and have me laughing quite frequently. 

Arya took the whole Audree going to school thing a little hard.  She's doing better now but some days she still cries when Audree heads to school and Arya can't go with her.  But the days we pick Audree up are like the best day of her life.  Silly girl loves her sister so much.  Some days they are at each others throats constantly and the only way sanity can be restored is by separating them.  But then they are also best sisters forever, or something like that, and they get each other laughing like crazy.  I did realize Arya would miss Audree so much but it is good for her.  I thought that things were easier with only two kids but I decided it is easier because one of the girls is gone.  Without the competition that is between them they are almost like angels...almost :) 

Mark is chugging along at work.  Right now and probably for half of next week Mark is working at the office of a small company in Highland for a larger client they landed that they needed help with.  I must say it makes me proud that my husband was chosen because he was the best at most knowledgeable at the specific skills needed.  Go Mark! 

Lately I have been a little obsessed with reading.  I have always loved to read but I get in moods.  Some times I can't get enough of reading and then after some months I'll move on to another obsession.  Right now I'm in one of the craziest reading moods I think I have ever had and I blame it partially on goodreads.com.  It seriously opened my eyes to just how much good fiction is out there.  I always stuck to my trusty well known fantasy series but now I'm realizing there are a ton of awesome fantasy series out there.  I'm kind of geeky and mostly read fantasy but honestly that's what I love the most.  I think in just the past two months I have read 20 books.  Crazy, I know.  I have definitely learned to multi-task and breast feeding provides ample opportunity to get lots of reading in.  In fact it is reading while nursing that has really begun to sell me on e-books.  It soooo much easier to read a book on my little phone while nursing as opposed to dealing with a large book that needs both hands to hold the book and turn the pages. 

Recently I've actually joined a book club which has been totally awesome!  I would probably be lying if I said the awesome part was where we discussed the books.  The girls in the club are so fun and we laugh and talk about tv shows and baby stuff and girls stuff and other books and the book we all read.  It's good stuff.  I've never been in to book clubs because I didn't want to get stuck  reading a stupid books with crappy endings, lame story lines, zero creativity that the so called literary elites claimed as good but really it's not.  But my friend Brooke assured me that in this club they weren't interested in those sort of books and so I was totally in. 

If you are interested in the books I have been reading you can either seek me out on goodreads.com and befriend me or you can check out my book ratings over there
<----------------------------------

I think that Bracken has about had it with me giving my attention to something other then him so I best be getting on with things. 

No comments: