Wednesday, November 14, 2012

6 months

I feel like it's kinda been forever since I've blogged...but what can I say?  Not really too much exciting going on in our lives right now.  I have been reading a lot, Mark's been working away with this other company I mentioned in a previous post and will probably be there for another couple weeks, Audree's going to school and is taking ballet and loving it, Arya is a busy two year old who loves to talk, talk, talk, do what her sister does and has quite a flare for the dramatic and Bracken is busy with growing up way too fast!

Speaking of growing up way to fast, my little dude is now 6 months old.  What the?!?!  Today Bracken had his six month check up and he doing just great.  Here are his stats:

Weight- 15.9 lbs.(18%)
Height- 28 in.(93%)
Head- (79%)

The doctor said that because of Bracken's height it makes his weight percentage seem really low but he is still a pretty robust boy.  This we definitely know.  He is a very solidly built boy, he just doesn't have a whole ton of fat on him.  I guess part of it might be my fault not having a very good appetite lately.  I guess I'm gonna have to try harder to make sure I'm getting enough calories in my diet.

At 6 months Bracken is nearly crawling.  He already army crawls and is pretty dang close to crawling on his hands and knees.  He'll get up on his hands and knees and start rocking back and forth and then he'll lift one arm up and after that he usually falls forward.  I imagine any day now he'll figure it out.  It'll probably be a few weeks though before he really has the arm strength to really get crawling.  His doctor was a little surprised when we told him this and quickly apologized and reminded us to make sure everything is baby proofed.  Seriously, I feel very sorry for myself.  Sometimes I wish my kids would slow down a bit and try and be babies for a while longer!

Bracken has decided to flat out reject solid food in it's pureed form.  He loves to suck on food though...we are working on it.  Hopefully he will figure it out soon.

Bracken may or may not have blue/gray, brown, green and yellow in his eyes...only time will tell what color this kids eyes will be!!

Bracken is the spit up king and leaves his "mark" all over the house.

I'm quite proud of the fact that never once in his six months of life has he peed while getting his diaper changed!  Such a good boy!!

Bracken now sleeps about 10-12 hours each night.  I learned when we had company that he does actually wake up in the middle of the night but he goes back to sleep.  I sleep with a fan on and have the sound off the monitor so I never hear him...does that make me a bad mom?  He's alive every morning and happy after he eats so I think it's just fine :)

He also is down to 2-3 naps a day, 2 more often than 3.

He's a momma's boy one hundred percent!

He has to spend at least 30 minutes every day in a different room from me.  If he is in a different room and he can't see me he actually is happy and doesn't whine to be held or fed.

Still no teeth.

He is the handsomest 6 month old in the whole freaking world!!  At least in our opinion :)

Love our little Bracky Mo Mo!

*I'll try and post pics soon since I haven't done so in a while.


No comments: