I'm going to apologize right now about the lack of pictures. We had a ton of fun on our trip to Idaho but I took my laziness very seriously on this vacation and really didn't ever stop to think about taking pictures. I do have a couple though so this wont all be completely text.
Last Saturday we packed up and headed to Idaho in the midst of snowy weather. Fortunately for us the farther north we got the less snow there was. By the time we were driving past Tremonton it was completely dry.
When we got to my parents house we unloaded and Mark promptly headed to the Famous Idaho Potatoes bowl to watch Utah State beat Toledo. :) After the game it was my turn to take off and meet up with my friend Courtney for her bachelorette party. It was super fun eating at Red Robin and catching up with a few of my friends.
Monday night Mark and I were able to ditch the kids with my family to see The Hobbit which we both really enjoyed. It was the first of many opportunities one or both of us took to get a break from the kiddos. It was a little precarious at first as Bracken woke up right when we got to our 9:30 pm showing but my mom ran him over, I fed him super quick while my mom waited in the parking lot and then we ran him back out and were able to have a nice evening off.
Tuesday my mother and I went to the airport to pick up my sister Amanda who flew in from DC. We stopped at a couple beauty supply stores and grabbed some lunch. It was totally awesome to spend time with Amanda. We all missed her so much and I am always grateful for the time I get to spend with her no matter how short it is or feels.
Thursday as part of our present to my parents we took them out for lunch to Tucanos. I'm proud to say that the Tucanos in Boise is just as tasty as the one in Provo. Mmmm mmmm. We had a little trouble getting in initially. You'd think at 11:30 with only a few tables in the restaurant occupied that it would be easy to get in...well I guess we chose a bad day and time because there were a bunch of reservations for BSU graduates and families. I may have made a not as subtle as I was hoping stink face and said a few words like "well that's poop," and then maybe gone on a little about how it makes no sense....and just as I was ready to park it on the bench the acting manager came out and offered to get us seated even though it might inconvenience others. I attribute this all to my oh so charming self... ;) Despite the small jab that our being seated was an inconvenience I put on my biggest smile and gave lots of thank yous. For the very first time in all the many times we've been to Tucanos I tried some of the lemonade(mango to be exact) and it was so freaking delicious. Seriously!
Later that afternoon my friend Robyn and her family and Ashley and her little girl stopped by to play a little. It was so good to see them and their families and fun to play catch up. They seriously have the cutest little kids! I was so happy to be able to see them and a bit sad remembering how far away I live and how little I get to see my friends. I definitely realized how much I miss them.
Friday night my whole entire family met up at Carinos for a yummy dinner. It was so nice to have my whole family together. My two brothers who I don't get to see very often were there as well. My sister Becca had barely rolled into town(moving back to Idaho from Provo) and was able to join the festivities as well and brought us a giant box of cupcakes from the Sweet Tooth Fairy :) It was a truly great evening.
After the dinner Mark and I took 3 of my siblings out to shop for their Christmas presents. I bought Mark some shirts and pants for his Christmas present from me and it was awesome watching him model the pants he tried on. We had some good laughs.
Saturday morning me Mark and Amanda headed to for a session at the newly remodeled Boise temple. The last time I was in the Boise temple was on our wedding day. The change was so great I barely even recognized the interior at all. I can't really say I have been to a ton of different temples but of the ones I have been in this is the most beautiful I've seen. I was so impressed and a bit awed. It was just so lovely.
After the temple I chopped about 12 inches off my sister Amanda's hair. She has been mentioning this for years and every time I suggest we don't because she never seems sure. This time though I could tell she was serious so we went for it(earlier in the weeks, I forgot to mention previously, I chopped probably like 8 or 9 inches off my sister Chrissie's hair and gave Mark a haircut as well.) and while I was at it I decided to finally just go for it and give Audree a shorter haircut. I had been debating it for a while and she finally convinced me she wanted it done so I did it.
Here's Miss Audree before...
And here she is after :)
Saturday night we went to my friend Courtney's reception. She looked so beautiful and I am so happy for her! It was a very nice reception and I was able to chat a little with my friend Cody who was there as well.
Sunday was come home day but before we left we went to Sacrament meeting to see my brother Carter give a talk, then we took some family pictures and then had a yummy turkey lunch. Normally I am itching to get back home and return to more normal schedules but I admit this time I didn't feel as ready to leave and wished we could stay longer. A lot of that could have to do with the fact that I was able to be really lazy and get away without kids so frequently... :) hahaha, but nonetheless it feel great to be home. To sleep in our own bed with out kids sleeping with us. To shut them in their rooms and not let them out until a way more reasonable hour of the morning than they were keeping in Idaho.
Other things worth mentioning:
-While in Idaho Bracken pulled himself up to standing(against the couch) for the very first time.
-I believe I read 6 books
-Audree was obsessed with my parents dog Leo and tried to play with him and feed him and go outside with him whenever she could.
-Arya was scared of Leo the whole time.
-Audree gets a whole different attitude when we are at my parents house and walks around like she owns the place. Acts like it is her job to take care of the dog, that she can do whatever Chrissie and Carter do, that she can go outside whenever she wants, that she can go into any room she wants. Silly girl.
-Bracken ate about a million puffs.
-Most mornings I was showered and ready before noon which almost never happens at home...not sure how that happened...must be all the extra help so I could think about just myself for a change...
-I didn't cook a single meal :)
And now we are back and ready to get our Christmas on! Merry Christmas Eve everyone!
1 comment:
I swear those were girls' pants...
Post a Comment