This isn't exactly how it goes but I think it conveys the right messageEvery year in the Fall I wonder why people love Halloween so much. I am easily scared and therefore dislike anything creepy looking, creepy sounding and well just flat out creepy. But that's not what really bugs me. What really bugs me is how somehow in this mix Thanksgiving gets forgotten. There are never Thanksgiving decorations at the stores. Immediately after Halloween is over tons of people start decorating for Christmas and thinking about Christmas and Thanksgiving is forgotten. Aside from being my favorite holiday Thanksgiving is one of the most pleasant reminders for us to be thankful for all that we have and are blessed with. So shouldn't as much effort be put into decorating and enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday as Christmas and Halloween? Whenever me and Mark talk about this he always says, "Gimme candy, gimme presents, thanks for nothing." That sure how it seems sometimes isn't it? Well I am super grateful for this Thanksgiving holiday so I can be around family and friends and share in our gratitude for life and blessings.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! I was actually thinking the same thing! I was so happy yesterday when I went babysitting and they had a "Thankful Tom Turkey" with so many feathers on it, each saying what they were thankful for. What a fantastic idea!
Post a Comment