Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What the heck Tyra?






This is the 3 year in a row that I have been really disappointed with America's Next Top Model. I am not even sure why I keep on watching it. I love the photo shoots. I love the make-up and the hair, it is inspiring. But when they are constantly getting rid of the good models I feel like I am getting robbed and it is becoming ridiculous. Three cycles ago there was Heather.

Heather was Amazing. Despite having Aspergers and constantly being attacked by her fellow models-to-be she came and performed amazingly. Not to mention that she probably had the most individual beautiful look. My absolute favorite shoot of hers was the gargoyle one. Despite the judges ridiculous criticism she was the only one that truly captured the essence of a gargoyle while still looking modelesque. And she was freaking fierce. I was really annoyed that the models who just got up there and "modeled" got better criticism. I mean c'mon what is the point in having a theme of the shoot if you aren't going to judge accordingly? Bad call Tyra, bad call.


Then last year it came down to Whitney and Anya. When should it be ok that the absolute witch of the group wins?? In my book Whitney was the ugliest person there because of her rude and condescending attitude to everyone. Did there really need to be a plus size model when she wasn't the best? Again Tyra, bad call.




This cycle has proven to be equally and probably even more lame. The dumbest part of the show was when they kicked off Hannah before she even had a chance to do the photo shoot for that episode. Stupid. She didn't even get a chance and I was really angry about it. Oh wait just kidding, that part was stupid yes but probably the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life was their attempt to include a transgender in the mix. SICK. And it still had all it's man parts. Wrong. Top Model is really going down hill...not to mention Tyra's ridiculous attempts to keep an audience when in reality she is scaring us all away. I also find it annoying when the judges say really mean things that they couldn't possibly know about a person and when that person tries to defend themselves they get mad at the person and kick them off the show.


This season the winner really should have been Annaleigh. I could not understand why the judges kept saying they didn't like her face. Are you kidding me??? She is absolutely gorgeous. Every photo she takes is gorgeous and fierce and high fashion. So what's the deal? I hate it when they purposely create a winner. For example, with the commercials they took the worst parts of Annaleighs lines and put those together and they took the only good parts of Mckey's lines and put those together. So who is going to come off looking better? Definitely not the one who actually did better. I mean who really wants to see butch all the time? Yes Mckey takes good pictures but in person she looks like a messy man. Gross.

It's all really silly and I think I am done with it. Maybe there wont even be a 12th cycle. If there isn't I am totally fine with that. Tyra has just gotten the past 3 cycles so wrong that I am not sure if ANTM can survive another cycle.








So I have all this extra space and I am not quite sure what to do with it. So this shall be the end of my post. Just a little bit of ranting and now I feel better :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love that you're blogging about America's Next Top Model. How funny. Apparently we think alike. I think everything you just wrote. I thought the winner should have been Annaleigh and in the past cycles, the winner's should have been different as well. I'm really confused why they even put Isis in the show but I guess they are just trying to keep it interesting. Not so interesting to me.

Christine said...

i wished i watched this show enough to leave an intelligent comment. but alas, i haven't watched it since we lived at glenwood, so i'll just take your word for it.

speaking of dumb tyra, have you ever watched her talk show? i think it's...not all that great. borderline dumb, if you will. she's not very good at it, if you ask me.