Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Expecting again!


Some of you have probably already seen my facebook and know that I am expecting again! We are very very excited to be having another baby. My due date is April 30th! I can't think of a happier month to have a baby. Audree and baby #2 will be 21 months apart and I think it couldn't be more perfect.

Today was our first appointment and it was very reassuring for me to have an ultrasound and see that everything is going well. I was slightly nervous about how things were going because my morning sickness to this point has been fairly minimal compared to how dreadfully sick I was with Audree. I still feel sick but it doesn't rule my life. I wake up feeling blah and as long as I keep eating all morning by the early afternoon I feel fairly normal. As long as I keep food constantly in me I feel good. My food aversions have been pretty strong. And of course I am really really sensitive to smells. But unlike last time when I was sick I have tons of cravings. I am grateful for this because I can actually eat this time around. The sad thing is is after I eat something I generally can't eat it again for a while. Sometimes I feel like I am running out of ideas of things to eat that wont make me sick looking at it or smelling it. But luckily I usually always find something I crave and I'm able to eat.

So things are looking good and I am feeling very blessed. I was baby hungry for so long that now that it's time for us to have another baby it seemed so unreal. It was good to see our little person and to hear it's heartbeat and know that we will soon have another sweetheart to bring so much joy to our home.

I feel like we are having a girl again this time. Mark doesn't feel one way or the other but I think he would like a boy. A couple months ago I was pondering and was impressed that there is a sweet little girl up in Heaven waiting to come down to earth. At that moment I knew what her name will be and I felt a bit of her presence. I don't know if this impression was for this pregnancy or not. But I think and hope that it is. We'll know in December if we are having a girl or boy. As much as I think it is a girl I will be perfectly happy with a boy. I admit I am pretty scared to have a boy. And sometimes I panic a little when I think about having a boy. But I know if this baby is a boy it's because we are meant to have a boy. I sometimes think me being scared of having a boy is a factor in why I am so convinced we are having another girl. Hehe, but we'll see.

If any of you are curious we kind of have names picked out. If it is a girl like I said I was impressed as to what her name will be and so we already have that name picked out. If it's a boy we have a few names we like and it may take us a while to decided which one we want to use(if it comes to that...having a girl would makes things in that department a lot easier). So when we find out what we are having I will probably/hopefully be able to tell you all what his/her name will be!

So here's to the next 7 months! May this beautiful baby inside of me grow healthier and stronger every day. And in 7 months may we be so blessed as to welcome this baby into our family and home. I know Audree will be an awesome big sister and I can't wait to see them interact. I am so thrilled that soon we will have a small baby in the house once again. :) April 30th, I look forward to you!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Yay for April 30th. I can't think of a better month either. I was born in April and Alea's birthday is April 30th. Just think, when you have your baby, Alea will be 1 year old. Crazy! I'm sure the time will fly by for me but it will probably drag for you. Congratulations. I'm so excited for you guys. And you're right, Audree will be an awesome big sister! Yay for baby #2!!!

Rylie said...

Congrats Sami. You and your husband make very cute babies. My second pregnancy was 100% different from my first. I couldn't eat a think with Preslie and now all I do is eat! :) I wish you and Mark all the best with this precious baby.

sarah savage said...

congrats sami and mark!! that's great that you're not as sick as last time. and hopefully you'll be able to smell things without being repulsed soon, too! :)