Saturday, December 4, 2010

O Holy Night



O Holy Night is probably my favorite Christmas song. It's just so beautiful to me. Above I posted the Donny Osmond version because that's what we grew up with and hey, I'm not embarrassed, I like Donny Osmond!

I love the second(or third, whatever it really is) verse that goes:

Truly He taught us to love one another;
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother;
and in His name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
let all within us praise His holy name.

Christ is the Lord! O Praise His name forever,
His power and glory evermore proclaim.
His power and glory evermore proclaim.

And here it is again. Shhh, don't tell anyone but I am also a sucker for Celine Dion...ok not shh, I have liked her my whole life.



Do you have goosebumps? I do. Christ is my Lord and I will praise His name forever!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Holy Night is my favorite Christmas song too! It always gives me the chills when I hear it. What a great song and a great message!

Trevor and Colette Riley said...

K I have always liked Celine Dion too! haha That was so good!