-BSU loses to Nevada(by far the worst part of my weekend). I'm sure for all my BSU fans this needs no further explanation.
-BYU loses to Utah. Not nearly as bad as BSU losing but still a powerful blow. I think in both the BSU and BYU games the losses were a result of blown/bad calls...twas quite unfortunate :(
-Mark was carrying Audree into church after we had a good amount of snow fall and they biffed it pretty bad. Audree fell Mark's full 6 feet. Thank goodness there was no concussion or any other apparent damage done to her head.
The good from this weekend includes:
-A fun Thanksgiving dinner with the Bennett family. There were a few spins on the norm that I appreciated like, garlic and thyme sweet potatoes as opposed to candied yams or sweet potato souffle and green bean and onions flavored wonderfully as opposed to green bean casserole. Those two things were both things I never ate at Thanksgiving and this year I was able to enjoy them. And of course there's always my favorite pumpkin pie! Love it! The company was good as well.
-Friday, on a whim, we decided to go see Tangled.

I'm not usually one just to go out and see a movie and take the girls with us. When we took Audree to see Toy Story 3 she barely sat through 5 minutes of it and just wanted to go up and down the stairs and after a while just wanted to leave. But I was feeling impulsive so we headed to the theatre. When we got there it was sold out until 6, which we were hoping for a matinee. The 3d showing was available at 2:15 and I was a little apprehensive with Audree wearing the glasses and all but we decided to go for it. I LOVED IT!! Audree loved it!! She seriously sat through the WHOLE entire movie. She didn't sleep, she didn't try to get out of her chair and go down the stairs and she kept her glasses on for most of the time. I was so pleasantly surprised with how good it was. I don't think the previews did it any justice. I thought the 3d animation has come leaps and bounds(the hair looked more real then I've ever seen in it), as well as the real d 3d technology. The only things that were fuzzy were the objects that were supposed to appear really close. The story was very cute and well done and I loved Zachary Levi as the voice of Flynn. This is now my new favorite Disney animated movie! I can't wait til it comes to dvd. I recommend you all go see it, but only if you are a Disney fairy tale fan.
-Saturday we set up our Christmas tree! This is the first year we've had our own Christmas tree. We usually go to Idaho every year and never felt like buying one. But this year we are staying in town and can enjoy our tree thoroughly.

Unfortunately Walmart didn't have orange balls or else our tree would have been blue and orange(for BSU of course, plus orange is my favorite color). I know that hobby lobby has orange ornaments but there was no way I was going to pay 5 dollars for 4 ornaments when I could get 24 ornaments for 5 dollars at Walmart. Plus the ones at Walmart are plastic and don't break and for a mother with two devious children this is a huge plus! But we love how the tree turned out and I still think the silver and blue is very nice.
-Me and Mark spent Saturday after the BYU game playing board games together and watching movies. It was nice to take a lazy break especially since the long weekend was nearing it's end.
-And anyone who's lived with me or knows me well knows that food can make or break my day. Last night we had the yummiest dinner and that just topped off the weekend the best way possible. I was incredibly satisfied and I'm counting down the minutes til I get to head in the kitchen and make myself those leftovers. Boy do I love leftovers!!
That was our Thanksgiving break. How was yours?
No comments:
Post a Comment