We started off by Mark again dropping me off at the park. We wanted to get in right when the park opened so we got there at 8. Who knew there would be a mile long line and that they don't let you into the ride part of the park until 9...I certainly did not. Me and Becca were near the front of the massive crowd of people waiting to get farther into the park. Our game plan was to head to Indiana Jones and then Splash Mountain. The day was overcast and cooler so we were hoping we were among the few crazy people willing to get wet.
They finally let us through and we booked it to Indiana Jones. It was only like a 5 minutes wait this time so we got on pretty quickly. I enjoyed this ride the first time but thought it even better the second.
After that we headed to Splash Mountain. I was excited to do it again and not have as wet of an experience, even though the last was totally awesome. Once again the ride was awesome and once again we were on the ride with stupid people. The girls in front of us kept splashing each other and I'm like 75% certain it was the same girls from the previous night who, before we could get on the ride, were forced to stay sitting while the workers gave them a stern talking to about no splashing on the ride...people are idiots! Plus the girl in front of me put her hand up so in the picture it was right in front of my face. Becca's face was awesome though :) While we were on Splash Mountain Mark was getting pictures of the girls with the princesses. I think there was Belle, Tiana and Ariel.
After Splash Mountain I think we met up with Mark to get ready to head over to California Adventure so we could get into the line for the new Ariel ride. We thought we'd be waiting in the line forever but it moved really quickly. It was still like a 45 minute wait but the line was really long so we pretty much kept moving the whole time. The ride, definitely a children's ride, was super cute and fun with the girls. Arya was so cute sitting in between me and Mark in the shell.
After Ariel we did some other stuff I can't entirely remember...
Then we met up with the rest of my family and me, my siblings and Mark all hopped onto Grizzly Falls while my parents watched the girls.
The first time through the ride was fun but maybe a little anti-climactic. We got a little wet and I was thinking we'd get a ton more wet. I was a little disappointed about it but happy at the same time that we escaped getting soaked. So we are floating along as the raft is heading back and me and Becca are just chatting, laughing and having a grand ol time when out of nowhere right behind Becca a geyser shoots up and clobbers us! Becca got the full force of it and what shot over Becca landed on me. We got soaked!! The video of that can be found here.
We went on a second time and this time my Grandma came with us. The second time was SO much more fun! I think maybe it was because we didn't get caught up behind people so instead of stopping before of fall of rapids we went right into them. And this time we really got soaked. Everyone in the raft got pretty wet. And what would you know as we are driving past the geyser who do you thinks back was to it? Yep, me and Becca. We got clobbered by it once again! What are the odds? Maybe they are high, who knows, we just know that both times people in front of us and people behind us didn't get hit with the geyser. Lucky us!
My back was soaked and so were my pants. Becca is wearing black so it is not as obvious but she is entirely soaked! So much for have nice straightened hair, it was totally worth it though!
At one point Mark and Chrissie and Carter(I think) went on a couple other rides and then we planned to all head to Splash Mountain again(since we were already wet) and with all of us in it we wouldn't end up with an extra loser in the log to screw up the picture.Well there was a major log jam and we were stuck on the top of the ride for like 20 minutes. That created log jams through the rest of the ride and it just wasn't fun. We were all starting to get really cold.
As we were walking to go home for some nourishment we were all chaffing pretty bad and so my dad picked us up. We got home, ate and then headed to the hot tub on the roof. It was exactly what we needed to warm us up. We were all chilled to the bone!
After that me Mark and Becca all decided we were done with the park. Sad I know since there was so much more I could have done but I was pooped, the girls a little tired and clingy and we wanted to go to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory over in the Garden Walk by the resort. I've decided that we went to Disneyland at a bad time for someone going for their first time and I will just have to go another time, when it is less crowded, to get the full experience. Maybe just me and Mark too, we'll see.
So we got a couple caramel apples and chilled out in the Garden Walk in the nice weather. The Garden Walk was actually a really nice area and if we had more time we probably would have spent more time there.




And that was our last little adventure of the day. I think we watched the fireworks from the balcony one last time and that was the most exciting the rest of our evening got.
The next day we headed back to Vegas around 9 in the morning. When we got to Vegas we got our room at the stinky maze called the Luxor. Once we got into our room, which smelled like butt, I was dreaming up a plan to leave for home that night. Mark wasn't digging it though :( Oh well.
Around dinner time we headed to a little neon diner on the strip to meet up with an old mission companion of Marks. We had dinner and chatted with him and then we headed to my parents resort. We spent a bit of time chilling with them. We got back to the smoke infested, "mile long path to our room", butt smelling Luxor and got ready to head out the next morning as quickly as possible. We slept, I woke up at 6. Had to wake everyone else up at 7 we packed up headed out stopped and got some breakfast at McDonalds and got the heck out of dodge! I have learned my lesson and we will not be staying on the strip ever again! Unless it's the Trump hotel! Did you know it's not a casino and there is no smoking in the whole building? Now that's a classy hotel.
And for those of you who are curious here are my top 5 rides(of the ones I got to go on of course)
1. Splash Mountain
2. Indiana Jones
3. Grizzly Falls
4. Soaring Over California
5. Space Mountain(only for the fact that I love my siblings and that it was memorable despite or maybe because the fact was laugh/crying at the end)
I would love to hear about your favorite rides and why...also what other rides that I didn't mention that are worth going on next time we go :)
1 comment:
Next time you go, you have to go on the Toy Story 3D ride in California Adventure. They line is always long, but it is so fun!!
Post a Comment