Once I finally got Audree to go #2 in the toilet and not freak out about it I thought that this was it. She was ready. It would just take like 3 days and then she'd be completely potty trained. Well my optimism did not pay off unfortunately. Neither has positive reinforcement or rewards system. It's been a tad frustrating. I said I was not going to potty train again until Audree was ready and she's not acting entirely ready and if it doesn't happen this time that I'll have to do it again another time and I swore that wouldn't happen. So I am torn between my determination to make this the last attempt and the fact that Audree just isn't learning.
You see the problem isn't defiance. I don't think it's even not wanting to use the potty. It's more like just flat out indifference. A refusal to learn. If I stay on her constantly and ask her if she has to go potty she'll go and she'll make it the whole day without any accidents. But the moment I get busy with something and wait too long to ask her she'll just go pee right where she's at. I tell probably like 10 times a day that she needs to tell me if she needs to go potty and she just doesn't. She only comes to me after she has peed.
It's most frustrating b/c when we tried potty training her a little after she turned 2 her only problem was her overbearing fear of pooping in the toilet. She was pretty much potty trained except for that. She stopped having accidents and would tell me when she had to go. But then she decided after the trauma of trying to get her to poop on the toilet she refused to do anything but diapers so we put her back in them. So I figured that naturally once she got over her fear it would all fall into place. What is with this refusal to take action and to be a responsible potty goer?
Do I just put her back in diapers? She clearly isn't entirely ready but I don't know if I can do this again. I honestly loathe potty training. And I loathe giving up and putting her back into diapers after devoting so much time to potty training. But is here any point in continuing? Feel free to share experiences and opinions b/c I just don't know what to do anymore.
1 comment:
I started potty training with Berkleigh when she was like 18months..she did well for a little bit, then would would never tell me and have accidents... I think I put her back in diapers then started again around 2+ and again had trouble, I was determined to have her potty trained by 3... I tried stickers, candy. Then I bought a little potty that made music when she went- which I think really helped bought Dora seat that sits on potty... She liked that too.. I probably bought a ton of undies with her fav characters... And made a big deal on wearing undies and they r for big girls..even let her pick her own undies @ store .. That would b why she wore boy Diego undies for a while :) so sorry to ramble, but I think it was a combination of all of those things... And she would always what to go to roaring springs, but I told her only big girls who wear undies get to go.... So she was finally ready and potty trained by 3.. On the other hand addyson who is one year younger caught on Super fast once I started with her, big sissy was doing it, so she wanted to as well... She was potty trained by about 2! So good luck--I now have a boy in the mix so hoping he gets it like addy did! ---Melissa :)
Post a Comment