So this past week we have been watching a lot of movies...ok well not a lot but more than we usually do. I'm speaking of movies we have not seen yet not just any movie. So when we decide to go see a movie/rent a movie it's either based on how appealing the preview seems or other people's comments/reviews on the movie.
Through my facebook feed I have seen many people comment about how good True Grit was ever since it came out. Originally the storyline did not even remotely appeal to me and I was a little baffled over the comments of how good the movie was. So I figured I'd give it a shot because so many people liked it. Well pretty much I HATED it! Like a lot. I felt sick during parts of the movie and by the end I felt like it was a huge waste of my time.
So I figured I would do movie ratings on my sidebar. These ratings are not for everyone. I wouldn't even presume to call myself an expert, I just know what I like and what I don't like. So if you are like me and you dislike excessive blood and gore, unnecessary death and plot-less movies but you like happy endings, romance, humor(of the more appropriate kind) and good stories then these ratings will probably be more for you. I enjoy a good chick flick and don't mind a bit of cheesy. I enjoy clean family movies but not the kind that are so cheesy you can't even stand it. I can enjoy a good action flick as long as it's kept fairly clean and has a good story. I absolutely hate horror movies and will probably never give a rating for any of them cause I can assure you I will never see any of them :) Oh and I should add that I'm a bit of a fantasy geek...
So I've thought about it and this is what I've come up with for a rating system:
-Everything is going to be based on a 5 star rating or these-*
-1 star would mean that I hated it and it isn't even worth getting at redbox(obviously this could also mean netflix or blockbuster or whatever as well).
-3 stars would mean I liked it but would probably wait til it comes to redbox to see it
-and 5 stars would be I loved it and it is totally worth seeing in the theater and probably renting at redbox too.
-so basically 2 stars would be I didn't like it and probably wouldn't get it at redbox and 4 stars would be yes definitely get it at redbox and it would probably be worth seeing in the theater.
-I will probably include halfs for example ***1/2. But we'll see after a little while if I think they are necessary.
And that is that. Like I said, I am no expert but I know what I like and don't like. If you disagree with me that is fine. I just know that I would appreciate it if someone with similar taste as me gave rating for movies so I didn't have to waste my time on stuff like True Grit. If you find this useful then yay. So if you are interested check out the sidebar ---------->
1 comment:
I felt the EXACT same way about True Grit! We watched it for family night and I was so bored. I asked to leave before it was even over!
Post a Comment