Sometimes I wish women would stop freaking out and being so judgmental and realize that the most important thing IS that your baby gets to the world safely. Doctors are not evil and midwives are not saints. They are both dedicated to getting your baby to this world safely and they both do it to the best of their abilities. So if fate changes your plans and a doctor has to deliver you or give you a c-section it is NOT the end of the world!
2 comments:
Very true indeed. I do agree that there are way too many c-sections performed in this country, but there *are* times when they are truly lifesaving! But honestly, we really can't judge, we can only make our own decisions about birth.
There are bad doctors out there, and wonderful midwives...but there are also wonderful doctors, and horrible midwives. You have to pick and choose your healthcare providers carefully.
I agree!! The thing that drives me crazy is when someone tells you how awful and stupid you are for getting an epidural! What does it matter to them it's my choice and has worked great for me and my children! Plus I have had some of the best doctors that are amazing!
Post a Comment