So I know this is a little premature as we don't know what the gender of our baby is but baby boy names drive me crazy. I swear I've looked at everything and me and Mark can't seem to completely agree on anything. He may kind of like one I like and vice versa but we don't seem to see eye to eye. If this baby is a girl there will be no problem because we already have a girl name picked out. But if it's a boy, well then finding a name will be a challenge!!
So I am going to ask everyone for ideas and maybe there will be something neither of us(me or Mark) have considered. I am not a huge fan of really ordinary boy names. No offense to the many people out there who have them, but for my own personal taste for our child I wont use names like Matthew, Mark, Luke, John(haha, I know, books from the bible...but there you have it, they are very ordinary very used names). Often these names remind me of people I know/knew. And for some reason that usually makes me dislike the name...that or at least not want to use it. I am open to different names but not excessively so. Mark is a lot more conservative than I am hence the not agreeing. I have a dislike for trendy names(again no offense meant at all, this is my own personal taste)...anything in the top 10 is 100% out of the question and anything in the top 50 isn't very likely. If it is in the top 100 I'm not as choosey but I've really only seen 1 or 2 names in the top 100 that I've like or would even consider. So given that knowledge what names would you suggest? Don't be shy, I need ideas!!
2 comments:
I've always liked the name Cokely. There is also Lawson, Koda and Aiden but I believe Aiden is on the top 100 not sure though. If I think of any others I'll let you know. I love boy names its the girl names we have a hard time with.
i have a baby name book that gives ideas for sibling names. the lady who wrote it did tons of research, so, for example, the "brother" names listed for arya are what "brother" names people commonly used when they had a daughter "arya." here's what it says (i hope you don't already have this book!)
arya: sage, quinn, jase, talon, cael
audree: clayton, davis, elliot, preston, jack
so there you have it: the most common brother names for those sister names. not sure if that helps, but hey, it's a start!
Post a Comment