Arya, Arya, Arya. How do I describe Arya? Right now the song from the Sound of Music keeps running through my head, "How do you solve a problem Maria? How do you catch a cloud and pin it down? How do you find a word that means Maria?" Plug in Arya though...I think I was thinking of this song because Arya is so cute and adorable but she can also be a complete brat, an utter pest yet somehow when admitting these things they are done in an endearing way...Like Maria, she can be difficult and she's a free spirit but it's hard not to love her. I'm not sure if that even makes any sense but whatever.
Arya is adorable, she's vivacious, she's happy and sweet and loving. She's a brat, she's a pest, she's crazy and loud and often annoying. In Audree's dance class this week we were allowed to come in and watch and Arya came in like she's always been a part of the class, claims a mat for herself and does all the exercises with them. Also this week Arya also got to sub in a friends soccer game and she came out ready to play and be aggressive and claim the ball as her own.
Arya is possessive of her things. She's a little hoarder and will carry a stash around with her all day. Anytime anybody gets anything she wastes no time in trying to claim it as her own. Like Bracken got a plush toy of Rancis Fluggerbutter(Sugar Rush racer from Wreck it Ralph) and Arya's first response was "Oh, my Rancer Rancer Butter Butter!!!(what she calls Rancis)
Before Arya was even conceived I knew she was going to be very special to me. Our connection has always been strong and she may be a challenge but she has plenty of hugs and plenty and sweet things to say that help me remember just how special she is. Sometimes I feel like a failure as a mom but then she'll say things like telling me how happy she is and I think that maybe I'm really not completely failing at this. Cuz ultimately if my kids can say they are happy then I must be doing something right. She's always good for reminding me why I wanted to be a mom and why I love it now. When I feel like I've been driven to the edge of crazy(even if it's her that pushed me there) she somehow always knows the right things to do/say to bring me right back. I love this girl SO FREAKING MUCH!! I'm so very blessed to be her mother.
Arya's stats at 3 years are:
Weight- 28 lbs. (24%)
Stature- 36 in. (26%)
Thank you Arya for keeping me on my toes for the past 3 years! It's been a crazy but rewarding adventure. I have a feeling every year from here on out will continue to be nothing but adventure when it comes to you. Please never lose you exuberance for life, it has been one of my true joys in raising you thus far! You are beautiful and amazing and I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment