Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Doctors visit
So, I had my next checkup with the obgyn today. At this point my appointments are very simple. I go in, I stand on the scale, I get my blood pressure taken and then I pee in a cup. Then I wait for the doctor and he comes feels my uterus(he said it is about the size of an 18 week uterus, which I am 17 weeks, so we are right on track) and then we listen to the baby's heartbeat(which he said is 150, which a normal heartbeat is between 120 and 160 so we are doing great there too). So after all that he asks if there are any questions then we are on our way. This time though we got to schedule our appointment for the 20 week ultrasound where I get to find out the sex of the baby. He said to tell the receptionist to schedule the appointment in two weeks. Unfortunately the people at the hospital in Provo are a bunch of tight wads and since the charts say I am 17 weeks they wont schedule it earlier than three weeks and then they ended up scheduling me in 4 weeks. It's almost like your mom giving you a cookie and then taking it away and saying that you can't have it til later. You know you still get it but you can't help but be incredibly disappointed and somewhat angry. I am disappointed and pretty angry. I am so looking forward to knowing what the baby is and now I have to wait two weeks longer than planned. The weeks go by so slowly that it seems like an eternity away. But I am four months today! So now I am moving into my fifth month of being pregnant and in three weeks I will be at the halfway point!!! The doctor also told me that this month is when I will really start pooching. So in the next few weeks I am definitely going to have to go shopping for maternity clothes. Christine, I would still love for you to come with me if you are still interested!! I am going to be needing maternity pants pretty soon(next few weeks). So if you are still interested let me know and we can plan a day to go!! Anyways...the receptionist at the obgyn office told us to bring a blank video tape to the ultrasound. I guess they let us keep the video of it. I am definitely way excited for that!! And let's all cross our fingers that the baby's legs are not crossed...cuz if they are, it isn't possible to determine the baby's sex and I really really really want to know. I am excited. Four more weeks(techincally three weeks and six days (: )!!!
2 comments:
of COURSE i'll still go shopping with you! i know this is going to sound silly, but you'll have to give me a general idea of when you want to go and i can tell you what time will be the best for me. stupid school. well, it's not that school's stupid, it's just that i have crazy schedules like class from 8am - 6pm or later on mondays and tuesdays. the rest of the week isn't too bad, though. so...yeah, just let me know and i'm there!
yay your pictures are so cute! the other day when we were talking online i was going to ask you why you hadn't taken any yet but then i saw your blog. you're such a cute pregnant girl. also that dog is adorable.
yeah i just started the first one, i'm probably like 50 pages into it. i really like it, and the reading goes very quickly. have you seen the movie? i liked it a lot and so far i like the book just as much.
Post a Comment