So, I've read a couple blogs lately that have made posts about politics and I try to stay out of it mostly because it can cause controversy among people, which I don't like...but sometimes I get really worked up about stuff like this. So for whoever reads this, there is no offense meant at all, it is merely my opinion and how I've seen things go down.
First off, I am neither here nor there with John McCain. Like many people I just don't understand him. I am a registered republican but I feel absolutely no obligation to vote for him. Now to get into the real reason I am posting this. Hillary Clinton. I've read her platform and I know where she claims to stand on everything. A lot of what she says sounds really good. And I'm not gonna lie, if I didn't have a realistic outlook on things I would probably believe her. But I am definitely not one to follow blatant hypocrisy, and from what I have watched and read there is much hypocrisy going on. Sometime around Super Tuesday I was flipping through the channels and I stopped on CNN(a good source of information but incredibly slanted) and Hillary was giving a speech. I came in right as she was promising that the national debt needs to be decreased and she would be the one to do it. As good as that sounds it's quite impossible with the things she has promised to do. She has promised to make schools better for everyone and she promises to make them more affordable. That can either happen by increasing the national debt or increases the taxes that we as common citizens have to pay. And we all hate taxes and I definitely don't want to have to start paying more. Not to mention the "project" she has planned to improve on global warming...surely such a project will not be free. So what will she do? Increase the taxes or the national debt?
I don't hold up much for people who can't even use their own platform for support but have to bash on others. What's even worse is she's bashing on our current president, somebody who is not a candidate and poses no threat to her and her presidency. She is constantly bashing on Obama when this should be a campaign for presidency not for personal issues. I find it very unclassy of her. And who does she honestly think she is to tell the president of the united states what he should do. There are so many accounts of her saying that she warned Bush of "this" and "that." Let's just be honest though, running for president does not give you the right to think you are better and know more than the president. What are her credentials anyways? I gather that she thinks a little too highly of herself.
So the other day me and Mark were watching Friends, Chandler and Monica were having dinner with his boss and he was a weirdo that was cracking jokes left and right. He made this joke about Bill Clinton(unfortunately I don't remember the joke) and the punchline was that Bill Clinton didn't do anything cuz Hillary was doing everything for him...and it is quite a common consensus that during Bills presidency Hillary was the one that called all of the shots. Bill was just there to look pretty, and even with Hillary running now, he wants to be the face...you will finding him always wanting to be in the forefront. So if anybody was aware of the politics during Clintons presidency we have already seen some of the bad effects his(or her) decisions have had on us. Take the war in Iraq for example. Clinton/s significantly trimmed our military making us a target for terrorists. Mark made a good comment about that. He said "would you rather rob a house with a doberman or a chihuahua." In this situation we were the chihuahuas. Making us quite an easy target for an attack. In his defense he would probably say that he wanted to do something about Iraq, but Mark brought up the point that he had no trouble convincing people to go into Bosnia. Thus is defense does not hold a lot of ground. The military was an easy spending cut for Clinton/s which allowed other sorts of things to be pushed forward. Like expanding the Earned Income Tax Credit, a subsidy for low income workers. For lower income people this probably was well, but the more productive people got screwed. So, while helping one class of people he not only screwed another group of people but screwed millions of others who died or suffered losses on 9/11. America needs to be the doberman, not the chihuahua.
Unfortunately we have NO idea what any of the candidates will actually do until they are the president. But I would feel a lot better in knowing that that wont be Hillary. So for the Democratic candidate, my vote is 100% behind Obama. He is incredibly positive and forms his campaign off his platform and not off bashing others. Unfortunately there have been many articles sent out about him that are a bunch of lies. And if anybody has any common decency they would know not to support or believe rumors, but to say things based on knowledge and fact.
And just a little tie in to the above statement people make all sorts of assumptions about things based on rumors and lies. If you haven't read His Dark Materials then I believe you have absolutely no business spreading lies about what the book is about, and that it is evil and corrupting. I have read the books and found them to be quite pleasing and entertaining and found that the author is quite talented. My younger sister gets all sorts of crap from her friend and her mother for reading these books. Neither of which have read the books or seen the movie. They've automatically labeled my sister as a bad influence that has been corrupted. Assumptions based on rumors and lies are so incredibly unfounded and immature that people should be ashamed of themselves. If you have read the books and are quite knowledgable about them then you may have your opinion about them(which you will probably find is not that bad) but do not call people corrupted and evil based on nothing but what religious extremists say about people who do not believe what they believe. As far as I'm concerned an atheist is still a person. And we should not hate people based and their belief or disbelief in God. And anyone who would call his books God-hating books obviously doesn't understand what an atheist is. An atheist is one who doesn't believe in God, how can you hate a God if you do not believe he exists? Why would one right about God, if he doesn't believe that one exists? To my sister, good for you for being informed. And good for you for not judging others based on nothing. And good for you for being knowledgable. I am proud of you. You have done nothing wrong. Keep reading, and keep being accepting of others and their ideas. You are strong and know who you are. You don't have to worry.
Ok, this was a really long post and congratulations to any of you who made it this far...which chances are, probably no one. But I feel better about saying how I feel and now feel like I don't really have to post about it anymore. Now I can continue to talk about baby stuff...for the most part baby stuff is quite uplifting and uncontroversial. And that is what I prefer. But sometimes I do like to be heard. So here it is. If you found this post displeasing, don't worry, it doesn't happen very often and probably wont happen again. Atleast for a really long time. And here I am going on some more...I am just going to say The End
No comments:
Post a Comment