Monday, March 17, 2008

More about the baby :)

So I had another doctors appointment today. Aside from the fact that I am in an absolutely terrible mood right now the appointment went well. He measured my uterus and I am right where I am supposed to be. We could here the heartbeat and it is right where it is supposed to be. My blood pressure is where it is supposed to be and I weigh about what I am supposed to weigh. So all is well. I like my obgyn. He says it like it is. He essentially told me that there is nothing wrong with my baby and I have nothing to worry about. The problem is quite isolated and if my baby had a genetic disorder the problems would be a lot great than just the two things that they found. So he said that I have nothing to worry about and the baby is doing exactly what she should be. He said sometimes doctors like to create problems where there are none. And he said he's never had a problem with a chile that he's delivered where the child has had only these two problems. So things are looking good. I am quite content with my baby. She is as active as ever and the best part is we are starting to see her moving. Instead of just me feeling it I can show mark where she is kicking and you can see my belly moving. This morning she was moving a whole lot. It was funny because my belly was lopsided because she was pushing to the right. It's so interesting to be able to see what I have been feeling for the last 6 weeks.
So you may be wondering why I am in such a sour mood. Well I am not sure why. But tons of things this morning keep making it worse. Like the fact that we thought I was on Mark's health insurance and I am not so we have to pay like triple of what we would normally have to pay for this baby. What's worse though is I am finding myself pissed off at things that didn't even happen today and soemtimes don't have anything to do with me. Like I found myself feeling really angry at the stupid cop that pulled someone over yesterday. I have no idea who this person was and it only bugged me a little yesterday but I saw another cop car today and found myself getting really angry at the stupid cop yesterday. And then Mark's sister was being a little rude yesterday and it didn't bug me so much last night...but this morning I am getting frustrated and annoyed about it. I haven't been this "pissy"(for lack of a better word) since before I was pregnant. My guess is my lack of sleep must be contributing to this. The past two nights I have woke up at about 5 in the morning to go to the bathroom and can't get back to sleep because my brain all the sudden decides to come to life and start thinking about baby stuff. I try so hard to fall back asleep but it just never fully comes. And to think, once I have the baby she may be up two or three times in the night and maybe even all night. I don't know how I am going to do it. I am glad that my mom will be here the first week I have my baby. When I need to sleep she will be here to watch the baby. I know I will be very grateful for the help she will provide.
So that's about all. My sister comes home in three days!! We have plans for Easter and we are going to Idaho in a week and a half!! Yay!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Sami! I'm so glad things are going well with your baby girl :) I'm sure she'll be absolutely beautiful (like her mommy!). I hope you're feeling a little happier too. Sometimes little things just weigh on you & you don't know why. But don't worry too much - everything will be alright! :)