Monday, April 14, 2008

Baby Shower!!

So this weekend me and Mark were back in Idaho. It was so much fun. Saturday we had my baby shower which was so amazing. I got sooo many good things. I can't wait to use all of them. I had asked my sister to take pictures of the shower but we both forgot so I wish I had some pictures to post but unfortunately I don't. But I got my bedding for the crib. I got a bunch of sweet little clothes. I got a few receiving blankets and burp rags and washlothes. I got a bunch of baby lotion and baby wash. I got a diaper bag and a baby carrier. I got a boppy and a hamper. My cousin made me the most adorable headband with a sunflower on it. I got two big huge things of diapers, i got some onsies and a bunch of other little things. :)

After the baby shower I highlighted my friend Robyn's hair. She just had a baby so she was feeling like she needed some brightness added to her hair. After that we went to a family get together and ate some food and played pinochle. For those of you who have never heard of or played pinochle it is a game of strategy with a deck of cards that range from 9-king and Aces and there are two of each card in each suit. Anyways, I have played this game multiple times with my family and still feel like I really don't understand how to play. I get the concept of most of it but the strategy is what I am struggling on. Needless to say out of the 16 people playing I got second place :). Haha, it was absolutely hilarious. I was lucky but it was nice to win(mostly because I really didn't want to play in the first place).

Then on Sunday Amanda gave her "homecoming" talk which she did an excellent job on. Then we had lunch with my family, travelled back to Utah and had dinner with Mark's family. I am definitely glad to be back because we wont have to be in the car for a five hour drive for a really long time. In all honesty I was really sad to leave Idaho. I always feel so much better when I am in Idaho. My health is good. I am more active. I have so much more to do. I have family to keep me company. And we always have extended family get togethers which are always so fun. But alas Mark has a job and we had to come back. Leaving this time was quite emotional for me. My little brother Carter gave me and the baby a hug and he wouldn't let me go. People tried holding him back but he got away and just held onto me some more. He told me that he didn't want me to go, and I told him and that love him and he can call me whenever he wants. He said ok and then walked away crying. Which naturally made me cry. I felt so awful for leaving. He's such a sweet little brother. Saturday morning he remembered that I was having a baby shower so he got all of his money and went to a garage sale and bought some things for my baby. He's such a sweetheart. I love him. But it's good to be home. I feel more comfortable having my doctor 2 minutes away as opposed to 5 and half hours away. I am 26 weeks and naturally I am getting quite paranoid about the baby and preterm labor and all that stuff. So being close to the doctor is comforting. Not comforting enough to make me stop worrying, but enough to make me calm down a little. Anyways. So we had a good weekend and are getting very excited as we get closer to the due date. 14 weeks left!!

No comments: