Saturday, May 9, 2009

Dear Audree

I can't believe that you are almost 10 months old! You are such a big girl. Every day you look less and less like a baby. This phase of your life was definitely not what I expected it to be but we are having lots of fun. Now that you have mastered crawling you go everywhere and get into everything. You are so fast that you beat us to the places we are trying to keep you from. Your two favorite places to go are that I don't like you to go are the bathroom and the front door. I spend most of may day keeping you out of the corner by the front door. Whenever I am getting ready it takes me twice as long because you head right for the toilet and I spend half of the time pulling you away.

Audree, your personality is just blooming. You are the sweetest baby in the world. People are always commenting on how good of a baby you are and how you always have a smile on your face. You love to eat, especially when it's what mommy and daddy are eating. You are my little chunk. You can stand indefinitely but for some reason you choose not to. Everytime we stand you up and move away you bend over, sit down and crawl over to us. You are definitely very capable of doing many things but you choose not to. You like to take your time.

You are such a smart baby. You have become quite good at mimicking mom and dad. You like to mimick us when no one is paying attention and when we ask you to do it again you wont. But when you think we aren't paying attention I hear you say it again. You started off saying dada and you learned to say mama but you rarely every said it. Now you say daddee and mommee though we hear daddee more than anything. You have pretty much labeled everything as daddee. The other day you mimicked your aunt Amanda and you said "goober." Later that day you mimicked me and you said baby. I tried to get you to say it again but when you thought I was busy doing something else we were at babies r us and you pointed and the gerber baby and said "baby." You learned to say "ouch" a while ago but you think it is funny and like to make mommy say "ouch" all day long.

Audree, I love you so much and I am grateful for every minute that I have with you. I thank God every day for blessing me with such a beautiful spirit. You bring so much joy to our little family. Your smile and laugh are contagious and we smile so much more now that you are around. I love you so so much.

Love, Mommy

No comments: