So we had to resubmit our offer on the house because the seller notified us that there are other offers in and was giving us a chance to change our offer...we just resubmitted the same offer. Monday is their deadline for accepting offers so hopefully we'll know soon after that if ours is accepted.
In other news Audree has become quite the little mobile thing. She has become an expert at crawling and often gets places I don't want her to go before I can catch her :S She also has become quite good at standing and walking along things. She used to only walk along things that she could lean on top of but now she is walking along walls and chairs and couches and people :) She is really good at standing and is getting very good at balancing herself but she often starts laughing while she is standing and that throws her off balance...or she just realizes she's standing and will lean forward for us to catch her. But she often will pull herself up against us and let go herself. I think she has a better sense of control when she does it herself so she ends up standing a lot longer that way. We are so proud of her.
Yesterday I went to the hospital to hold Jill's baby Alea! She is so cute and tiny and it totally made my day to hold her. It made me want another baby really bad :) I just love babies. They are so precious and so sweet and so perfect.
Since having a baby stress has pretty much taken over my life. I am in constant pain from the muscle tension and knots that are my constant companions. I have other unexplainable body pains. I almost always at some point during my day get a headache. I get frequent heart palpitations and my body is out of wack and not really doing the things I want it to do. So I have been pondering about what sort of things I can do to help myself relax and remove stress. I have heard things and thought about doing them but they just don't help. Somewhere I heard to save all the worries and stress for one point during the day where you worry about it all for a period of time and then just let it wash off of you and not worry about things for the rest of the day. This doesn't work for me. My brain is constantly going and often times i can't help the things I think. If I try hard not to think about it I forget and my mind wanders right back to the same thing or something else that stresses me out. So I think I need ideas for how to deal with stress. What do you guys do? I'm thinking about doing breathing exercises, progressive muscle relaxation and yoga. But stuff like yoga is hard for me because it takes more time then sometimes I have...and I have a hard time finding a place where I totally feel like I can relax and benefit from it. I know keeping myself busy would be a good thing but I often find myself in want of stuff to do and unable to think of stuff. Any ideas?
So that's about all that's going on with us. I am up way to late and should probably hit the hay, so that is what I shall do
4 comments:
jog or run. as weird as it might sound, it's a great stress reliever and relaxer.
i ran nearly 5 times a week during the three months of my dental hygiene exams, and i really think it helped me to reduce stress.
I'm glad you had fun holding Alea. Feel free to come over and hold her anytime you get the urge that you need another baby. :) Maybe it'll cure you of it...or make it worse, I'm not sure which.
for an instant fix, visualization helps me. i think exercise is better for long-term solutions, but if you're short on time, just take a few minutes (even just 1 will do) and close your eyes, take deep breaths, and think of all the things that make you happy. it's easy and quick and it helps me re-focus and relieve a little stress.
on a different note, good luck wit the house! i hope you get it!
Hey sami! I do workout videos when Tayson is asleep. I am like you I am constantly thinking about stuff during the day and when I do my workout I can only focus on what I am doing that second. It is wonderful. Another thing that keeps me come is I take flaxseed it is supposed to help with anxiety. Another thing that I do is I cry it out. Funny I know but it helps sometimes. Anyhow I hope all is well!
Post a Comment