So me and Mark have been together for 2 super great years now. Here is our 2 years in review!
2007
August 16th- Married in the Boise, Idaho temple for time and all eternity!
- Moved into a temporary condo until construction on ours was finished.
September- My very first time on an airplane and out of the country. We went to
Germany and the Netherlands and visited my sister in Amsterdam while she
was on her mission there.
October- We finally moved into OUR condo
- We were thrilled to find out we were going to be parents!
November- Experienced the horrors of morning sickness for the first time :S I got sick
the day Mark's mom made her turkey enchilada's...unfortunately every time
I think about them or dark turkey meat I wanna barf.
December- Our first Christmas together. We drove to Idaho even though I had morning
sickness. In Idaho I felt better than I did at any part of my morning sickness
previously or post. I did not get to enjoy the yummy food and was not happy
about that but Mark got to eat the amazingly yummy food that my family
produces around Christmas time.
2008
January- Felt my morning sickness start to wane and pregnancy stopped looking so bleak
for the both of us.
- Felt the first flickers of the baby moving
February- My morning sickness finally went away and we celebrated my birthday
together for the first time married by making yummy egg rolls and eating lots
of dessert!
- Felt the first of many many many Braxton Hicks contraction to come.
March- We found out we were having a girl and were so thrilled!
- We found out that our baby had a single umbilical artery and that our baby could
possibly have some birth defects
- Got my blood tested for birth defects
April 27th- Our first time celebrating Mark's birthday as a married couple. Earlier that
week a Jehovah's Witness came over and wanted to come back and get their
book on Mark's birthday so I went all out and decorated our house in
obvious celebration(apparently they don't celebrate birthdays) but they
never showed up.
- My sister Amanda returned from her mission in the Netherlands
- We went to Idaho for a very early baby shower and to be their for my
studmuffin brother Carter's baptism
May- We had another ultrasound to make sure Audree was growing correctly
- Started having non-stress tests once a week until the end of my pregnancy
- My awesome sister Becca came to stay with us for a few months
- Had another awesome baby shower
June- Went to Solitude to visit John and Anita's condo for the first time.
- We celebrated our anniversary early by going up to Logan to stay at the
Anniversary Inn
- Toured Logan and ate at lots of yummy restaurants
July 13th- I started to feel painful contractions for the first time.
14th- By 5 in the morning my contractions were only 4 minutes apart and we went
to the hospital.
- I was given the most painful shot of morphine in the whole freaking world
- We were sent home because I wasn't making any progression
- Contractions slowed to about 1 an hour
- By the end of the day the contractions start getting closer together
15th- Once again by 5 in the morning my contractions were coming every 4-5
minutes.
- We went to the hospital around 8 and were finally admitted!! Happiest day of
my life :)
- At 2:47 we welcomed the most beautiful baby girl into the world. Audree
Jean Bennett, 7 lbs. 15 oz and 21 inches long.
August 16th- Marks the day of our 1 year Anniversary
- Still loving every minute with our baby Audree
September- Audree went to her first BYU football game
- Audree made her very first trip to Idaho
October- Audree's first Halloween. She was a cute little chick!
November- Audree's first Thanksgiving spent in Eden with lots of family
- I had some friends and family over two watch the Las Vegas bowl and BYU
lost :( The burgers were super tasty though
- Fed Audree rice cereal for the first time.
December- Christmas in Idaho once again AND no morning sickness for me Hallelujah!
- Audree learned to sit up by herself.
- Took Audree to Temple Square for the first time
2009
February- Audree started standing up against furniture
- We celebrated my 22nd birthday
March- We started looking for houses
April- Audree finally started crawling!
- We celebrated Mark's 25th birthday
- We went to a Jazz game
May- Audree started standing by herself
- Mark's job started to get pretty crazy
- Audree started looking so grown up and was growing like crazy
June- Audree started taking steps by herself
- Me and Audree went to Idaho for two and a half weeks and Audree was a terd the
whole time. She is terrified of my parents and wont let them get near her and made
that clear every single day that we were there
- 2 long weeks after I arrived in Idaho Mark came to join us!!!
July 15th- Audree turned 1 years old!!
- We celebrated her birthday and she got lots of fun toys and Mickey stuff.
- We celebrated the 24th of July with the Bennett's and had a great time!
August 6th- My cousin DaNean got married and my family came up to celebrate and I got
to hang out with my awesome siblings and my awesome cousin Ashley.
- I got to attend my first sealing besides my own!
14th- We celbrated to great years of marriage together. Because Mark's work has
been so crazy our anniversary plans were totally ruined.
15th- We had some good friends spend the day with us at the condo in Solitude
and we barbecued and had an awesome time
- My sister Amanda graduated from BYU and my parents came and stayed
with us!
As you can see life has been great for us and even though most of it has been centered around me being pregnant and then Audree we've absolutely loved it. Not every minute is perfect but we grow and we learn together and each day we grow closer together as a family. Audree is truly a blessing in our lives. We are so blessed everyday to wake up to her sweet smile and quirky personality. Even on our worst days we never forget how blessed we are to have the things we have. We are so very proud of our little Audree and everything she's accomplished and will continue to accomplish. These past two years we have been blessed beyond measure and we wouldn't have our lives any other way. :)
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary guys! You have had 2 wonderful years together and I wish you so many more. I never knew you went to The Netherlands! (or maybe I did and didn't remember.) I went there to pick up my brother from him mission. Don't you just love it there? Anyways, Happy Anniversary and thanks for inviting us to the condo. We love you guys!
i forget that you got married on my birthday! it's a great day, if you ask me. ;)
happy anniversary to you two!!
Post a Comment