I feel like I am such a boring person lately and I really have nothing to blog about. Sorry if you attempt to read this post and it is too boring but here's a bit of what been going on lately:
After almost a year of dealing with an ingrown toenail issues my body has been kind of whacked out and I am working on getting it back into gear. At first when I got my ingrown toenail I wanted to try and heal it from home and after a long battle I finally decided that I needed to go to a podiatrist and get it fixed. The process was not fun but I was excited to get back to normal.
Unfortunately after many months of walking funny so as not to further hurt my toe I found that I didn't know how to walk normal anymore and when I would try it would just make my leg hurt real bad. I figured after a few months I would just start walking normal and things would be better again...then a few months later happened and my ingrown toenail decided against the odds that it should come back. A couple months after that it decided once again against the same odds that it would come back. And here I am now in the recovering phase and praying that it does not decide to come back again.
Because I have almost been constantly dealing with this pain I have not been able to work out or establish any kind of routine. Because of this I have felt like crap a lot the past while and I am constantly stressed and suffering physically for it. So I finally decided that I am sick of feeling this way and me and my neighbor Leslie have decided to walk in the mornings. We have been walking for a week now and I am already starting to feel the benefits of it.
I have been in such a rut for a long time and haven't been able to get out of it and yesterday I actually wanted to. I cleaned more then half the house and I actually did my hair and makeup for a change. Today I cleaned another significant portion of the house and once again got ready. I am feeling better than I have in a while and I am hoping that this will help me on my way to achieving things that I am currently incapable of achieving.
Everyday I deal with knots and tightness in my neck and shoulders and I get lots of headaches. The past couple of nights I have gone to bed feeling the loosest I have in the past like 9 months and I slept better then normal. I know I could still feel a lot better then I do but I am hoping this is putting me on the right track and hopefully my toe chooses to stay better so I don't have another large setback.
Right now we are walking probably somewhere between 2 and 4 miles each day depending on how many times we go around the track. We go to the track around Orem Community Hospital and I love it. It's such a nice track and the area is very pretty. I am so grateful that my neighbor Leslie comes with me cuz it makes the monotony of walking so much more bearable. We talk the whole time and it makes the walking seem to go a lot faster. We meet at the track around 8:30 which has caused me to get up earlier which naturally results in me going to bed earlier and I think that has helped me out a lot too. Not to mention Mark loves it and gets more sleep at night like he wants.
I bought some resistance bands a while back and am trying to get in a routine of using those to help my back, shoulders and neck. I've decided i really like the resistance bands. I am not sure how effective they are in building muscle and stuff but it's not to hard and with one band you can work most muscles in the body. So I have been using them to work my deltoids and lower back muscles.
This is just one thing going on in my life and I want to write more about Audree but I will save that for another post. Right now I need to go get Audree up from her nap and pray that she hasn't soaked through her diaper :S
No comments:
Post a Comment