When I was pregnant with Audree I was so anxious to have a baby that I felt the pregnancy just dragged on and on and on and on...and on. Seriously I don't remember a time of my life that went so slowly. Being pregnant with baby number 2 has been such a different experience. I can hardly believe that I will be 16 weeks along tomorrow and next month I'll be halfway there! Halfway there!! It's such a different experience being excited for something and actually have it move along quickly. April still seems really far away but this time I seem a lot better at looking at the progress I've made instead of anxiously awaiting the end. I am really excited for the end and can't wait to have another wee little one in our home but I think Audree keeps me so busy that I can hardly focus on anything other then the present. Plus Audree does really well at entertaining me. I'm not really sure what the point of this post is other than this pregnancy is going by a lot faster for me then the first and that makes me happy :)
I'm also very excited to find out what we are having. But again I don't think I'm as crazy to know as I was the first time. With Audree the weeks leading up to finding out were so incredibly long and dragged out and I was so angry that my ultrasound was at 21 weeks instead of 20. Now I'm considering waiting until 21 weeks so I will only have to wait a week til I surprise everybody Christmas morning with the news(I don't think I'll be very good at keeping that a secret for very long).
It's funny because everybody keeps having dreams that it's a boy. I personally haven't had a dream at all this time about this baby. I wish I was one of those people who had that motherly intuition and just know what I am having but for me it's always a 50/50 chance. Ever since I thought about having babies I always thought I'd have 2 girls first. Sometimes I am convinced I am pregnant with a girl but I wonder if maybe I have just brainwashed myself into thinking that because that's what I've always thought. But yesterday I found myself really wanting a boy, which was weird for me. I'm sure how I feel in that regard will change every day. I'm just weird like that. I think I get more confused and flip-floppy when I'm pregnant. When I'm not pregnant I've got all my kids names picked out. The longer I'm pregnant the more unsure and confused I get about baby names. I thought we had it all figured out this time but the longer I'm pregnant the more I question whether I like our names or not. I told Mark it would probably be this way and to not get too stuck on our names because I remembered that that is how I was last time. I think we may just leave it to chance again like we did with Audree. We put our top 3 names in a bag like 50 times and each day we'd draw a name and put it back in the bag so every day there was an equal chance of choosing any of the three names. After a while we stopped drawing names because we drew Audree's name like 20 times and the other names 3 or 4. So it seemed pretty obvious that we should choose Audree...though I still will back and forth even after Audree was born and we named her. Needless to say I really struggle choosing names and I think this time will be no different... :(
I started writing this post mostly because I was incredibly bored and I've babbled a lot and so I think this is a good place to end before I start babbling even more and nobody will ever read my posts again :)
1 comment:
So you've changed your mind on the names huh? Well, you have plenty of time, and I really like the way you came up with Audree's name. I'm so excited to find out what you are having. Although I know I have to wait till Christmas. Dumb secrets.
Post a Comment