So yes, it is true. Saturday Mark went out to look at a house(I was sick) and he called me and came home insisting that I go see this house. Karen, our realtor, was also very insistent that I come see it asap. So, even though I was sick and ugly I went to go check out the house and surprisingly enough the house was beautiful, in our price range, almost everything we've been looking for in a house AND, the most important "and", it was not a short sale or a foreclosure.
So we wrote up our offer there at the house. The homeowners were planning on occupying the place but their plans changed and they need to get rid of it and they are very motivated. So we thought of everything we could give them that would sound appealing to them. We offered nearly full price and didn't ask for closing costs and we offered a really quick closing date. So if the inspection goes well we could be proud homeowners BEFORE CHRISTMAS!! Yes, before Christmas! Our realtor thinks we can possibly close on the house before the 14th of December. Man, would that be crazy. We've been looking for houses since March and it seems like we've looked at about a hundred houses. We've had offers on like 5 houses none of which we successfully obtained and most of which took months to even find out any progress on(short sales SUCK!).
So our deadline for the offer was this morning at 10. Our realtor called at about 9:45 and let us know that they accepted our offer. It's still a little unreal for me. But I think it is right. Our realtor does a weekly search for us and she said that she did our search the day before this house came on the market. If it weren't for Mark thinking that he'd look online at houses that day Karen wouldn't have seen the house til the following week and by then it would probably have been too late. So Karen thinks that Mark was inspired to find this house. I wasn't sure at first because I didn't know if we'd get the house or not. But now it's looking like Mark was inspired to find this house and that it is the house we are supposed to be in right now. I mean for months and months of looking and offering this one happened all in a weekend! Seems pretty right doesn't it?
Ever since we started looking at houses I was actually really scared and unsure about it. I didn't want to make the wrong decision and I kept coming to the conclusion that we weren't supposed to get a house. But I'm actually really excited about this house. I'm not as nervous as I've been in the past. It will be really nice to bring our second child into a more spacious place. It will be nice to not feel so incredibly cluttered.
The house has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms with an unfinished basement that has the possibility of another full bath and 1 or 2 bedrooms. The kitchen is very nice sized. Not huge but big. We really don't need a huge kitchen but I can't handle tiny kitchens. So this one is perfect for us. It also has a 3 car garage which isn't very common in this area. A mudroom with boxed shelves for shoes and hooks for coats that is there when you come in from the garage. There's actually no spot in the house where you'd come in from outside that doesn't have tile or hardwood floor. There's a front room that many people refer to as the "home teacher room" because it is a perfect place for just that. This is actually the biggest one I've seen in all the houses we've looked at in this area. The laundry room is upstairs so there will be no hauling the laundry up and down the stairs because it's up there with all the bedrooms. The master suit is glorious! The wood is gorgeous and the hardware is beautiful. So in a nutshell, that is the house we will very possibly soon be the owners of.
Oh, and for anybody who's curious and hasn't already guessed the home is in Cedar Hills. It's probably a 5 minute drive from the Mt. Timpanogos temple and about a 5 minute drive from the Cedar Hills Walmart. I don't think I could have moved here if there wasn't a walmart within 10 minutes :) Thank goodness they very recently built that walmart!
:D
3 comments:
oh, that's a nice walmart, too. the dentist that i work for has an office up there. way nice!!
Oh my Sami! I'm so excited for you guys! Although that means you will be leaving me and I won't have my buddy to hang out with. But anyways, we'll still have to hang out but I'm really happy for you guys. I'm glad this one worked out!
Hey Sami, that is awesome! I'm super happy for you guys! You need to post house pictures soon! I can't wait to see it!
Post a Comment