If you like the flavor of lemon(and I don't mean artificial) then I have the best recipe for frozen yogurt for you. It will seriously knock your socks off!
Homemade Vanilla-lemon frozen yogurt:
1 container of Brown Cow vanilla yogurt(cream top)
Juice from 2 lemons and zest from 1
2/3 cup of sugar
And that is it! The simplicity of this recipe is what makes it so divine. Personally I feel the simpler the ice cream recipe the better. This is my recipe for my absolute favorite vanilla/chocolate homemade ice cream,
Homemade Vanilla/Chocolate ice cream:
1 pint(2 cups) of half and half
1 pint(2 cups) of heavy whipping cream
1 cup of sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract(for vanilla) or the desired amount, I just eyeball it
1/3 cup of special dark cocoa(for chocolate)
Simply for both recipe's mix all the ingredients together and pour into your ice cream maker and make away. Easy as 1,2,3 and incredibly delish!
*just a note, you don't need to use brown cow yogurt but I like to use it because it is natural and healthy unlike most yogurts you find at the grocery store(it does not contain any high fructose corn syrup). If you want to purchase brown cow yogurt you can find it at Good Earth. I always think a couple trips a month to Good Earth is worth it. We mainly just purchase kefir and yogurt from there but I always want to purchase more...unfortunately with our current budget restrictions any other purchases from there are not wise. Maybe some day though...
No comments:
Post a Comment