I've been getting really really bored of how our living room is decorated. The style I decorated it with was mostly contemporary with a bit of traditional touches to it and an earthy color scheme. Orange is seriously one of my favorite colors and I couldn't pass up using orange in my family room. Well when we lived in our condo I loved how I had decorated. Every piece we had was made to fit that room. Now that we are in a house there is different lighting, different wall colors, different shapes and just an all around different feel. So what I'm trying to say is I no longer think the contemporary style I had before is working.
I decided to have a go at maybe revamping some of the artwork on our walls. I was blog surfing and came across this really neat technique and thought I'd give it a try. I did it and the artwork turned out super awesome. The problem? Well the problem is is that it does not fit with the rest of the decor of the room. I love the art piece but it stands out in a not good way. At this point I can no longer change the art because as part of the technique i used elmers glue...and that can't really be undone.
So I've been thinking and thinking and thinking and brainstorming and everything I think of just doesn't seem right. I try to visualize how my new ideas will look but I just can't. I've always been able to come up with some sort of vision for a room but this time around I am stumped. I've found a few other ideas of how to revamp some other accent pieces that will change the contemporary feel but I just don't know if some of our more permanent pieces are just too contemporary. Gar, I'm just so frustrated about it. I'm going to head to the DI tomorrow and see if I can't find some other things I can maybe fix up to look better and fit with the room. I'm a woman with a budget of like zilch trying to do amazing things...it's rough. But I am determined to do it and make our family room look amazing all before the 13th when we'll have company for Arya's blessing.
Wish me luck! If I have a sec sometime today I will take a picture of the "revamped" piece of art to see what you all think.
No comments:
Post a Comment