(p.s. don't mind the chairs, they are just in here because of Arya's blessing)and here.
I had a lot of fun doing this redecorating. Some may say I'm a little crazy for taking on the project just a week before Arya's blessing where I had already taken on a lot to decorate for that(That story will be in the above post/post I post after I post this post. But essentially here's what I did. The back of the shelves were painted orange. I love orange but needed a change and thought I'd bring in orange into the accessories, so we painted it the color of the wall.On either side of the shelves there used to be two geometrically painted rectangular canvas'. Now you see the lovely pictures which I am quite happy with. The above picture I bought some fabric and made that "families are forever" wall art. In the interest of not wasting the canvas' but having nowhere else to put them we stapled the fabric and some batting over those and we get that fun new wall art. Below is a picture of the fun fabric flowers I made for it
The picture below is is actually one of my favorite new accessories in the family room. I got the dish at the DI for $1.50 and it was a nasty yellow color. I did the same thing that I did in a previous post and I covered it with tissue paper, painted and antiqued it. And I found those awesome green ball things and just had to have them to put in there.
Another glass thing that I redesigned with a little textured paper and mod podge
My sister painted this the night before Arya's blessing to replace the nameless people that previously occupied the squares. I like it and shall keep it in there!
So there you have it. I'm happy with how things turned out. I think even though I changed a lot it's still very much my style. I'm very comfortalbe in this room and love the change
No comments:
Post a Comment