Thursday, March 31, 2011

the day i conquered 12 piles of laundry

That was yesterday. I super hate doing laundry. Sure I don't mind sending everything through the washer and dryer, I mean who doesn't like clean clothes right? But when it comes to actually folding the clothes and putting them away it takes a lot of persuasion and coercion to get me to do it. For the past month I've watched things pile up to a ridiculous amount and yesterday I decided to think about it not like "I HAVE to get this done today" but more like "This is what I'm doing today" and I was surprisingly successful. I conquered 12 piles of laundry! Sounds bad right? Well it really was that bad :)

It started off with 4 baskets full of laundry that have been hanging out in our bedroom for quite sometime. They were clean so they got used but of course I'd do laundry again and everything would make it back into those baskets. Earlier this week I managed to get to my clothes(Mark had already done his) so it was just Arya's basket, Audree's basket and 2 piles of towels/blankets. I got to work on the towels because by way of folding they are what I prefer to fold. They are simple rectangular folds and they come out crisp and they are big so there isn't a million little things. I conquered those as well as another batch of towels that had gone through the wash. I proceeded to collect all the dirty clothes in the house and they made 4 more piles to go through the wash...so now our count is at 9(and that's not counting the stuff I moved out of the dryer and then combined with the towels because they were still wet).

All of those got folded AND put away! Then I moved onto sheets and blankets for bed number 1 and then onto kitchen towels and finally another pile of blankets. But that was not it...no, no, I collected all the clothes of Audree's and Arya's that needed to be put away and I did that...so normally we don't have as many clothes as this seems but I had also pulled out Arya's 12-18 month clothes for the spring summer and it isn't quite time to put away the winter clothes yet. So the girls room is spotless, ours is closer to it then it's been in way to long and our laundry room doesn't have dirty laundry spilling out of it.

Did you enjoy this riveting tale of a lonely housewife conquering the largest pile of laundry known to mankind? Because this is the true tale of how I, Sami Bennett, conquered 12 piles of laundry all in one day.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Glad you got it all done. Now I really would have loved to see a picture of all this laundry. :)