For those of my friends not from Idaho you may or may not know I am from Meridian, Idaho. I always tell people Boise, Idaho because it's easier then explaining that I am actually from the neighboring city Meridian. Honestly, it is my favorite place in the world. I never feel quite as at home as I do when I am there. Even in my married life I long to be back in Meridian with my family and friends.When I first heard that they were building a temple in Meridian I was shocked, I mean Meridian, Idaho!!! To some who aren't familiar with the area, Meridian would seem inconsequential. So I was very surprised(the Boise Temple was seriously like 10 minutes away from my house). As I watched the Saturday morning session of General Conference I felt myself overcome with emotion. What an amazing blessing it is to have a temple in my hometown. I don't think I even fully understand why my emotions on this are so strong but it truly has brought so much joy to my heart. The rest of Saturday I was overcome with gratitude. Gratitude for the Prophet and leaders of our church. Gratitude for the inspired words and the revelation they receive on behalf of us all. I have so much love for these amazing men. I am so grateful for this past session of Conference. There were so many things said that I truly needed to hear. My testimony has definitely been strengthened because of this.
So as not to risk getting to sappy I will end with saying that I am grateful for the Gospel in my life and I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and all He did for me...for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment